cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP! Softkey names blank on SPA525G's

bill.roland
Level 1
Level 1

For reasons I cannot explain, after assigning a shared line to one of my phones (using CCA), the softkey buttons on ALL my SPA525G phones are now blank, except for the "More" button.  The buttons still work, you just can't see any text.  My remaining SPA508G's and new 7965G's work fine, its just the SPA525G's.  It almost looks like, for some reason, the text is the same color as the button background.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I can't seem to find anything that would control this in CCA.

8 Replies 8

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Bill,

That just happened to me right now whilst working on a deployment system (Due today at 2PM), I uploaded the new firmware to the system and this happened, but in CCA I right clicked on the phone and did a reboot and all 5 of them come good again.

Talk about a twisted event

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David.  I have power cycled the phones, and no dice.  The buttons still won't show the text (except for "More").  I am beginning to think CCA has it in for me :-(

Hi Bill,

Either use CCA in the trouble shoot section, or do it via CLI... Can you please check and see if the ephone templates are still in the config and if so what template are the 525G's pointing too, if they are not pointing to anything then the phone is in default mode (Although I thought it had more buttons to it than just the more key).

Just in case I misread what you wrote, the background images (The blue buttons) have not disappeared but the key words remained right?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David. Yes the ephone templates are still in there (there are three), and all the ephone's are pointing to template 16. Here's the readout:

ephone-template 16
url services 1 http://10.1.10.1/voiceview/common/login.do VoiceviewExpress
softkeys remote-in-use Newcall
softkeys idle Redial Newcall Cfwdall Pickup Gpickup Dnd Login
softkeys seized Cfwdall Endcall Redial Pickup Gpickup Callback
softkeys connected Park Endcall Trnsfer TrnsfVM Confrn Acct Hold
!

Here's the readout of one of the phone seeing this problem:

ephone 8
device-security-mode none
mac-address 68XX.XXXX.XXXX
ephone-template 16
max-calls-per-button 2
username "U2224" password 1234
type 525G
button 1:583 2:565
!

You are also correct, the blue buttons on screen above each softkey are working. The words are missing (except for "More" and "Login." The button for Login is a different color, it is grayish, and I can see the text on it.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Just on one of the 525G's can you please reset it to factory defaults and also confirm if you have the latest load for it  (7-4-8) on the assumption you haven't already done this or tried it.

Cheers,

David.

I have the latest firmware 7.4.8 and did a factory reset.  No difference.

Is there ANY setting that controls softkey text color or appearance on the UC system?

bill.roland
Level 1
Level 1

And the answer is...https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3305937#3305937

Looks like when I updated the timezone last night and had to delete and rebuild the CNF files, that the locale setting must have been updated/changed.  When I did the following, rebooted the phones and the softkeys came right up.

Cisco needs to look into this, its clearly reproducable.

This has happened at one of my sites to only one phone, a SPA525. I have had the user reboot the phone and factory reset as well no luck. Am I going to have to make a trip out there and reboot the system?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: