cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with ESW Switch: Port Security causing VM connection issues?

cmonks
Level 1
Level 1

We have a couple ESW switches in a UC540 deployment. One of the servers on the switch has VMs. we are noticing that if we share a NIC between any two VM or between the host and a VM we lose connectivity. I am assuming this is port security on the ESW switch limiting the MAC addresses. Only problem is I don't know what settings to change on these things to get it to work.

I have tried removing the smartports config (set them to 'other'). I have also tried the port security settings, (set to 'dynamic lock' with 10 max entries), but this doesnt seem to have helped.

Any ideas on the correct settings to use to allow multiple MACs to use a single switch port on the ESWs?

2 Replies 2

cmonks
Level 1
Level 1

Well I may have answered my own question. After I changed the port settings, I was trying to ping the VM to test connectivity. Well the firewall was running blocking my pings. after investigating further it appears that it's actually working. So i think the port security settings fixed it.

I'd still be interested in the official answer though :)

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Changing the dynamic lock from 3 to 4 would have allowed one more MAC address, so that is what likely fixed your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: