cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hookflash on Common Area Phone (FXS port)

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am a little ... the R key (hook flash) don't work, why? We have some cordless phones connected to FXS port on UC540 but we can not do nothing. Since this is a trivial matter, before writing, I tried imagining to have information at hand, but nothing to do ... Interesting this thread which highlights some sequences available on analog phone, I also carried out a verification to changing from "common area phone" to "phone user" but evidently missing some trivial matter that does not allow to recognize the hook flash... I forgot something????

Arturo.

14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to change flash timing duration in UC500, or wireless phone. The defaults don't match.

Hi Paolo!

No, I think I forgot some trivial setup... I tried to verify with a a more specific timing, but the only thing that came out is that under 100ms throws down the call, over nothing happens except a trun-trun on the other side .

I removed the custom timing and the port is configured so

voice-port 0/0/3

cptone IT

station-id name cordless

station-id number 304

caller-id enable

I have the feeling that some setup is skipped due to old age!!! I can not imagine why the R button does not work, among others are convinced that in the past has worked without any special ...

NB: In fact, I struggle in the Cisco UC systems to get the basic functions that the customer uses in legacy systems

Arturo.

Arturo, really Italy has a different hookflash standard duration, and cptone does not adjust it.

As above, you need to change it.

Paolo Bevilacqua ha scritto:

Arturo, really Italy has a different hookflash standard duration, and cptone does not adjust it.

As above, you need to change it.

Paolo,

I do not get... If you mean that I must set the parameter "timing hookflash-in" under voice-port, I can tell you that I enjoyed finding a value with a dichotomic search , came out just what I reported: roughly about 100ms I have the following difference ... below that value, the call drops; above, you can hear trak-trak. If we need anything else, it escapes me as I am not  an voice engineer! If you want to recommend a value, are available to test and confirm you that it is the right one!!!

That "cptone IT" I think the least to remind us that we are in Italy .

NB: However, if this is the case, is to consider this another weakness of CCA. If I select a region, I believe it is appropriate that the program will do all the settings necessary to work in that region eventually highlighting some parameters that can be changed (perhaps because the customer buys a phone on the parallel market)... my 2 cents!

Arturo.

100ms should work fine: "timing hookflash-in 110 90". If you still have trouble, you can take "debug vpm signal" with millisecond stamps.

The cptone problem is with  IOS Voice, not CCA. It doesn't adjust hookflash values, that has to be done manually. Not a big deal.

100ms should work fine: "timing hookflash-in 110 90"

Nix!

If you still have trouble, you can take "debug vpm signal" with millisecond stamps.

I tried with different values​​, but can not interpreting the debug ...

000217: htsp_process_event: [0/0/3, FXSLS_CONNECT, E_DSP_SIG_0100]fxsls_offhook_onhook, HF duration Max=110, HF duration Min=90

000218: htsp_timer - 110 msec 000219: htsp_process_event: [0/0/3, FXSLS_CONNECT, E_DSP_SIG_1100]fxsls_offhook_offhookhtsp_hook_flash_ind 000220: htsp_timer_stop htsp_call_feature:feature 5 000221: htsp_process_event: [50/0/289.1, EFXS_CONNECT, E_HTSP_HOOKFLASH]

...and, it's not what I would expect. I see hard, patience ... 'll turn off everything! Ended another day!

In any case, thanks!

Arturo

Arturo Bianchi ha scritto:

I tried with different values​​, but can not interpreting the debug ...

By changing values​​, and trying to understand the debug messages, it seems to me that the signal is detected, but nothing happens...

Arturo.

As mentioned before. You need to enable timestamps with msec for syslog when taking this type of traces.

As mentioned before. You need to enable timestamps with msec for syslog when taking this type of traces.

Opsss,

I overlooked the details since I'm convinced that the voice-port recognizes the R key (the hookflash) but nothing happens ... I expect that it will hold the correspondent, and give me a dial tone.... I am doing confusion??

The cordless's hookflash lasts exactly 100ms...

000540: Mar 16 09:21:34.203: htsp_process_event: [0/0/3, FXSLS_CONNECT, E_DSP_SIG_0100]fxsls_offhook_onhook, HF duration Max=105, HF duration Min=90
000541: Mar 16 09:21:34.203: htsp_timer - 105 msec
000542: Mar 16 09:21:34.303: htsp_process_event: [0/0/3, FXSLS_CONNECT, E_DSP_SIG_1100]fxsls_offhook_offhookhtsp_hook_flash_ind
000543: Mar 16 09:21:34.303: htsp_timer_stop htsp_call_feature:feature 5

000544: Mar 16 09:21:34.303: htsp_process_event: [50/0/294.1, EFXS_CONNECT, E_HTSP_HOOKFLASH]

Arturo.

Hookflash is detected. You are supposed to get dialtone on hookflash when on a call, with the port configured for SCCP mode.

Paolo,

I know what I want (using analog phones as well as work on a legacy PBX), the rest, including english itself, it is a bit hard to understand for me! For now I give up, I have to dismantle everything, because I have to replace a device that is DoA at a Customer's site (operating only for 100h!) . Thanks for your attention, maybe in a fortnight, solved this fault, and groped back to try to enter the perverse logic of the CME/UC/CCA in which sometimes the simple things become difficult!

Mille grazie,

Arturo.

the port configured for SCCP mode.

Hi!

How to get what? Possibly using CCA, otherwise from CLI with a configuration that I did not create problems with CCA... I must be able to have a minimum of functionality, even on the cordless connected to the FXS ports!

Honestly, I expected it to be active by default, or that it was enough to get a click on FXS ports a behavior similar to a SCCP phone .

I guess the doc supplementary Services Features for FXS port is a good starting point, but I don't have a OOB guide updated and, in any case, I expect to do so by CCA (that effort!).

Arturo.

FXS in SCCP mode with features is default configuration for the UC500. It works fine.

FXS in SCCP mode with features is default configuration for the UC500. It works fine.

Mmmmm...

You say so, the datasheet confirms that, also my memory recalls that it was possible, but I see other in the cfg... Azzzz... looking at the default configuration, and that present in the equipment, I finally understood which trivial problem I had: no ephone-dn why fxs ports are in 'common area' mode!!!!!

Hell, I messed it .

Recap all:

1. if necessary, with 'timing hookflash-in' we can adjust the recognition of the R key (flash) and we debug it with 'debug vpm signal" and millisecond stamps.

2. We can not have the advanced features in 'Common Area' phone (thread subject).

3. All work well with ports declared 'User'.

This is so hard!

Arturo.