cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I add a pause in a translation rule?

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure out exactly the right way to modify the CLI on my UC520 to allow for a pause in the midst of a dialing string.  In our example, the line that the UC520 is trying to pick up does not present a dialtone immediately, and therefore often misses the first digit or two that is sent from UC520.  The line access code is "8", and it is for international dialing only.  Currently, the rule is matched when the user dials 80015555555555 - essentially 8 + 001 + area code + number.  The UC520 shoots a string of digits and the line is sometimes not even off hook when the string of digits begins.  Therefore, I would like the UC520 to pause between the 8 and the 001. 

I have done a bunch of searching, and it looks like I want to add a "," to the dialing translation rule, but I'm unsure of which rule to add it to.  This pause should be added to all calls that are placed when a leading "8" is dialed.  Here are the rules to choose from:

!

voice translation-rule 410

rule 1 /^7\(.*\)/ /\1/

rule 2 /^9\(.*\)/ /\1/

rule 3 /^8\(.*\)/ /\1/

rule 15 /^...$/ /4067551721/

!

voice translation-rule 411

rule 1 /^7\(.*\)/ /ABCD7\1/

rule 2 /^9\(.*\)/ /ABCD9\1/

rule 3 /^8\(.*\)/ /ABCD8\1/

!

voice translation-rule 412

rule 1 /^ABCD\(.*\)/ /\1/

!

voice translation-rule 1000

rule 1 /.*/ //

!

voice translation-rule 1111

rule 15 /^...$/ /4067551721/

!

voice translation-rule 1112

rule 1 /^9/ //

rule 2 /^7/ //

rule 3 /^8/ //

!

voice translation-rule 2001

!

voice translation-rule 2002

rule 1 /^6/ //

!

voice translation-rule 2222

rule 1 /^91900......./ //

rule 2 /^91976......./ //

!

Thanks in advance!

Seth

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Seth,

I had this very issue when running a GSM gateway on the UC-520, but if my memory has not faded and it is, this was done on a Dial-Peer level not the translation rule level, in other words when the out-bound call was triggered and it hit that specific DP the pause was introduced to allow the GSM gateway time to get going.

However though I cant remember right now how to implement this, I will dig through some of my old configuration guides that I write up and see if I did keep it, and if I did I will post it up for you

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

Try adding a comma where you need the pause in the destination-pattern of the dial-peer.  You could try a comma in the translation-rule, but I'm not sure if it will work

Regards,

Adam Compton

Hey guys,

This is the dial-peer that I found that I believe should be correct:

dial-peer voice 66 pots

trunkgroup Iridium

corlist outgoing call-international

description **CCA*USACEMCV*International**

translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE

preference 5

destination-pattern 6001T

forward-digits all

no sip-register

I modified it by entering the following commands:

USACE_MCV1_UC540W(config)#dial-peer voice 66 pots

USACE_MCV1_UC540W(config-dial-peer)#no destination-pattern 6001T

USACE_MCV1_UC540W(config-dial-peer)#destination-pattern 6,001T

USACE_MCV1_UC540W(config-dial-peer)#exit

USACE_MCV1_UC540W(config)#exit

At first it seemed to break it completely - i.e. the UC540 would give me a busy as soon as it reached the second number in the sequence.  I then reverted back:

USACE_MCV1_UC540W(config)#dial-peer voice 66 pots

USACE_MCV1_UC540W(config-dial-peer)#no destination-pattern 6,001T

USACE_MCV1_UC540W(config-dial-peer)#destination-pattern 6001T

USACE_MCV1_UC540W(config-dial-peer)#exit

USACE_MCV1_UC540W(config)#exit

This, however, did not work.  All outbound calls by dialing the prefix "6" wouldn't even get out to the Iridium phone.

Thankfully, I hadn't saved and was able to reload.

Did I make a mistake in the above?

Seth

Try this:

dial-peer voice 66 pots

trunkgroup Iridium

corlist outgoing call-international

description **CCA*USACEMCV*International**

translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE

preference 5

destination-pattern 6001T

forward-digits all

no sip-register

prefix ,

Regards,

Adam Compton

Hi Adam,

Can you clarify that this rule that you recommended places the pause between the 6 and the 001?  6 is the line selection prefix, so it will need to go after the line has been picked up to give the device the chance to go off hook.  The UC540 should then pause, then send the 001... digits through to the Satellite phone. 

The reason I ask, is that the offending unit is remote to me, and I'm testing this with a system that works fine even without the pause.  This rule doesn't seem to affect our success (i.e. the dialing out still works), I just want to be sure that this rule should do what I have described above before I say that this is the correct answer.

Thanks for your help,

Seth