cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I get the UC520 to add 1 and area code to locally dialed numbers?

mcastrigno
Level 1
Level 1

I want to add 1 plus to the area code to my locally dialed numbers.

How can I the UC520 to realize it is a local call from the user prospective but add 1 plus the area code so the SIP trunk provider can process the call.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Edit the following rules  using the CLI (make additions where appropriate):

!
voice translation-rule 1112
rule 1 /^91/ /+1/
rule 2 /^9011/ /+/
rule 4 /^9/ /+1/
!
voice translation-profile OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE
translate calling 1111
translate called 1112
!

Make sure that your SIP dial peers (1000 range) have the profile applied, for example

!
dial-peer voice 1001 voip
corlist outgoing call-local
description ** Outgoing call to SIP trunk (Generic SIP Trunk Provider) **
translation-profile outgoing PSTN_Outgoing
!

The above feature is called a "voice translation rule" and uses an SED-like syntax for digit manipulation. More info on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

Hope this helps,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

View solution in original post

This is not currently possible via CCA. But the CLI I posted should be safe. Give that a try. If you run into any issues, please contact us. We'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Edit the following rules  using the CLI (make additions where appropriate):

!
voice translation-rule 1112
rule 1 /^91/ /+1/
rule 2 /^9011/ /+/
rule 4 /^9/ /+1/
!
voice translation-profile OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE
translate calling 1111
translate called 1112
!

Make sure that your SIP dial peers (1000 range) have the profile applied, for example

!
dial-peer voice 1001 voip
corlist outgoing call-local
description ** Outgoing call to SIP trunk (Generic SIP Trunk Provider) **
translation-profile outgoing PSTN_Outgoing
!

The above feature is called a "voice translation rule" and uses an SED-like syntax for digit manipulation. More info on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

Hope this helps,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Thanks marchern

I am trying to use CCA as much as possible and only use the CLI when absolutely necessary. The two don't play that nice together but the less I use the cli the less likely i am to upset CCA.

Is this functionality you describe available in CCA?

Thanks.

This is not currently possible via CCA. But the CLI I posted should be safe. Give that a try. If you run into any issues, please contact us. We'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Marcos

I guess the obvoius question here is what about the inbound direction?

Is there a "default" expectation of how the numbers are to be set? Right now I think the sip trunk provider sends 1(area code) number with no "+" in front

I cannot yet recieve calls. I am simply trying to set up a  single line SIP Trunk  to DID right to one phone.

Right now under:

Configure->Telephony->Voice->Dial Plan

I have a Direct inward dial translation sending the one number to the extention i want to ring but no luck yet

see the attached screen shot

thanks

Hi,

If you do a "debug ccsip messages" in CLI, you should get some info from the SIP provider regarding the call, and from there investigate further on your setup. Don´t forget "term mon" to get messages on screen if your not using console,

Regards

Eivind