Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I send voice mails from within UC560 Unity express

adonmez1966
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone have experience sending voice mails from within UC560 Unity express to corporate e-mail system, whoch for us is yahoo small business e-mail?  I followed the instructions on the CCA, but cannot get it to work.  Appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Atacan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Atacan,

I do not believe that the UC supports SSL, and yes this would be your problem

So your only other option then is setup an IMAP account on each users computer, and if your UC was configured/built using CCA from scratch then IMAP will already be configured by default on the CUE.

If it is not configured, you will need to use CCA to do this, and would you believe me I cannot remember for the life of me which draw this resides in now

The other things you will need to take into consideration is the ability for the computers to route to the CUE subnet (Normally 10.1.10.X), if they can see this subnet and talk to it, then you are "Thunder Birds Ar Go"

Basically how IMAP works is that in Outlook (Or your preferred client) you setup an IMAP account, point it to the CUE subnet (Default is 10.1.10.1) and then you use the username and password you allocated to that extension to authenticate and retrieve the Voice Mails.

The good thing about IMAP which SMTP does not do, is that when the user reads it in their outlook, it sends a message back to the CUE saying it has been read, so the message waiting indicator light turns off, if they delete it in Outlook it will also remove it from the system (And I believe if they move it into a folder in outlook it will do the same thing).

IMAP is much better then SMTP, and is local in most cases, and has less hassles.

Sorry about not being able to give you instructions on where to check in CCA if it is configured.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you mean like an IMAP or like an SMTP gateway connection?

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Atacan,

If you are going to use SMTP with Yahoo, you will need to setup a mailbox with credentials, something similar to vm@yourcompany.yahoo.com <<< This is just an example

You will need to insert the SMTP settings into the UC either via the WEB GUI or via CCA, the latter being the preferred option.

However if you could use IMAP that would be a better alternative as with SMTP there is no retransmission capabilities and if the VM fails to be sent, that's it, there is no second chance

Just a thought..

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David.  I actually tried all that, and it is not working.  I even copied our Outlook POP3 setup profile exactly and replicated in CCA, including the port #, etc.  Our yahoo small business email requires SSL authentication, and I did not see an option for that in the CCA. I wonder if that's the issue.

How would you setup the IMAP option you suggested?  Is that in CCA?

Thanks,

Atacan

Hi Atacan,

I do not believe that the UC supports SSL, and yes this would be your problem

So your only other option then is setup an IMAP account on each users computer, and if your UC was configured/built using CCA from scratch then IMAP will already be configured by default on the CUE.

If it is not configured, you will need to use CCA to do this, and would you believe me I cannot remember for the life of me which draw this resides in now

The other things you will need to take into consideration is the ability for the computers to route to the CUE subnet (Normally 10.1.10.X), if they can see this subnet and talk to it, then you are "Thunder Birds Ar Go"

Basically how IMAP works is that in Outlook (Or your preferred client) you setup an IMAP account, point it to the CUE subnet (Default is 10.1.10.1) and then you use the username and password you allocated to that extension to authenticate and retrieve the Voice Mails.

The good thing about IMAP which SMTP does not do, is that when the user reads it in their outlook, it sends a message back to the CUE saying it has been read, so the message waiting indicator light turns off, if they delete it in Outlook it will also remove it from the system (And I believe if they move it into a folder in outlook it will do the same thing).

IMAP is much better then SMTP, and is local in most cases, and has less hassles.

Sorry about not being able to give you instructions on where to check in CCA if it is configured.

Cheers,

David.

Thank you very much David. I will try that.....

Regards,

Atacan

You are more than welcome

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: