cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does caller ID function in a hunt group?

teryglenn1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are considering the UC320, our current provider has limitations when it comes to caller ID.  We have a hunt group that rings all of our phones in the office when a customer dials in on the main line.  Our current hosted IP-PBX system stripes off the caller ID in the hunt group and only shows the number of the caller.  Will we get full CID with the UC320?

3 Replies 3

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

David,

The question is going to be very difficult to state a yes or no on

Because of the differnt providers and how they hand off CID to the end users

Just a thought, have you considered contacting your Cisco sales team and looking at a NFR unit.

This might allow you to test it and get more familiar with the product, also some seed units have been sent out to the local sales teams.

Might be worth asking the question to your local SBAM

I hope this helps

David,

The UC320 does display full caller ID. However I would recommend you test it out as Arthur suggests.

Using a SIP trunk setup, I have no problem with anu Caller ID being displayed in hunt groups or via transfer from the AA, if it is presented it looks to be passed through from what I have seen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: