cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many analog ports does my UC520 support?

jroddingham
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I am pretty sure I know the answer to this. However, my boss is adamant about the capabilities of this unit as sold to him. I have a UC520, it has 4 FXO ports, and 4 FXS ports. From what I understand, this unit only supports a total of 4 POTS lines coming in. Boss is telling me he was told that it supports 8, and in fact it DID have all 8 lines working at one time. Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some asked the same question yesterday morning (EST) and I answered.

8 max on UC520 or UC540, 12 max on UC520 rack mount or UC560.

VIC2-4FXO is required to add to the integrated ports.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jroddingham
Level 1
Level 1

I believe I did some pretty minimal research, and found the answer to my question. The device ID is "UC520-16U-4FX0-K9"

So that seems to me to indicate it's only good for 4 FXO ports. Maybe I can get an expansion card for the slot?

You only have one vic slot available which would allow you to add another VIC-4FXO for a total of 8 FXOs.  The existing FXO/FXS ports are fix configuration.

I am pretty sure you can get a 4-port FXO card for the 520.

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some asked the same question yesterday morning (EST) and I answered.

8 max on UC520 or UC540, 12 max on UC520 rack mount or UC560.

VIC2-4FXO is required to add to the integrated ports.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes it was me I believe, since I opened this new thread as to make things easier to search for anyone else in the future. The full SKU tells me that it's a 4FXO port model, and I will need to get the 4 port expansion card to make it 8.

UC520-16U-4FXO-K9:FTX1220Z19G