cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure spa9000, SPA400 and spa8800 to build VOIP solution?

bijay.ghimire
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I am experimenting with VOIP with following goal:

Build cost effective and reliable VOIP solution for a company with two  branch offices (US and UK) with about 10 staffs each office.

Other general requirement

1. For each sites 4 local PSTN lines are available to connect to the VOIP system

2. Each sites need about 12 extensions (8 VOIP/SIP phone and 4 analog phones as extensions)

3. Provide voice mail functionality for all extensions.

4. Site 1 extension starts with 100 and site 2 extensions starts with 200

5. Users from either site should be able to dial local numbers from either locations using the PSTN lines

Eg. dialed numbers starting with 9 should dial out through one of 4 PSTN lines connected to US office system

dialed numbers starting with 8 should dial out through one of 4 PSTN lines connected to UK office system

6. Allow to connect to third party VOIP carrier to call any other countries (eg. numbers starting with 7 indicating to use the VOIP carrier to dial out)

Please suggest how can I build solution for this.

Can we use:

1. Cisco SPA9000  as central IP PBX in data center located in US.

2. Cisco SPA400 in each site as PSTN termination - 4 lines; which supports 16 voice mails

2. Cisco SPA8800 in each site as telephony gateway to provide 4 analog extension lines    

1 Reply 1

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

SPA9000 Voice System is not designed/supported for multisite deployments like the one you mention. I suggest you take a look at the UC500 solution. UC520 should give you a solution to accomplish the below described scenario.

Regards
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers