cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create a SIP URI speed dial

brantwinter2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I would like to set up speed dials to SIP URI's (as opposed to a phone number).

Does anyone have an example of how the URI is specified in the web config screen and whether I need to then include a dial plan to handle the 123456@xxx.xx.com URI. Thanks

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm unable to test it now, but if I remember correctly, it's not matter of Dial Plan. You need to enable IP dialing.

It may or may not solve your issue. Try it by self.

IP dialling is enabled.

This is an example SIP URI (the Lenny URI :D)

sip:13475147296@in.callcentric.com

So what would the syntax for a speed dial be ?

Extended Functions:  fnc=sd;sub=sip:13475147296@in.callcentric.com;ext=sip:13475147296@in.callcentric.com

As I claimed above, I'm out of my lab. So I can't try. But try to remove 'sip:" part from both sub= and ext= and try again.

Capture SIP packets as well as syslog & debug (highest level) messages from phone. It may disclose something helpful.

Note that I'm NOT sure the speed dialing of URI is supported at all ...

This didnt work

OK. You can either:

1. try to solve the issue by self. Google as well as capture of syslog&debug&SIP may help you

2. call CIsco SMB support for help. I have no good experience with them, but it doesn't harm to try.

3. wait for further advice here. May be someone will know how to do it. If no one will give you an advice, I will try it by self (but not until I will return).

OK, I'm back in my lab for today.

1. in.callcentric.com doesn't exist. I assume you mean sip.callcentric.com
  2. It is not possible to speed-dial to foreign server. For the purpose of previous sentence, the "foreign server" is the server not defined in a ExtN tab.
  3. sub= parameter is not appropriate to fnc=sub. It's presence will force fnc to be sd+blf instead

So (assuming you have Ext4 unused)...

1. configure sip.callcentric.com parameters on Ext4 tab
  2. use fnc=sd;ext=13475147296@$PROXY;vid=4

Use other ExtN (and vid=N) if Ext4 is used on your particular configuration.

Rate useful advices. It will help others to found solutions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: