cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to delete mailbox usage?

Nathan Welsby
Level 1
Level 1

I simply need to know how to delete these messages via the CUE? Please look at screen shot attached.

Many thanks

7 Replies 7

Hello Nathan,

You may just delete them if you log in the mailbox of this number. You can do this by dialing voicemail and then press * and enter the fax number and its pin.

When you are in the mailbox you can just listen to the message press # to skip the whole message and then press 3 after the message which is the option for deleting of the message.

For more information please check the following link - quick start guide for CUE:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_6/quick/voicemail/enu/86vq_enu.pdf

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate hepful posts

EDIT: Another option is to set IMAP and use an imap client to delete the mesages.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use "Web Mailbox" access to delete them wihout using a phone.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nathan,

What I did in the past for I.T managers was show them how to setup an IMAP account to the server and get in that way, this way you can download the messages, save the ones you want and then as soon as you hit delete on the E-mail, the IMAP connection should also delete it from the UC-500 as well.

I found this to be the most effecient way of clearing out an inbox, I later find out from those I.T managers that it was so liked they rolled it out to all the staff as it was a great way to manage a mail box

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Nathan Welsby
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the advice guys, I will look into setting up this IMAP in the near future. For now i just need to delete these messages. Paulo, can you please advise me on how to delete via web mailbox please?

Thanks,

Hello Nathan,

You may check the web inbox by entering : x.x.x.x/user e.g. 10.1.10.1/user

This will open the login page for users. You must login with the username of the mailbox should be the same as the userid you have setup in CCA and the password should be the same.

+5 Paolo for the excellent answer

Best regards,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

it turns out that the UC could not see the exchange server, so we had to add the route to it. all works fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Login to /user and go from there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: