cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to dial localy remote site phones registerd to uc520 to main office cucm 8.0

Hi i have a site with CUCM 8.0 IN UAE and got another site in Nigeria where connected with VPN for data network access .

Nigeria branch has got UC520-32U-8FXO-K9 and some SPA525G2 , SPA504G .SRW248G4P-K9-EU switch and juniper firewall .

Now the Nigeria phones are registered with local UC520 there and dialing local no's and towards UAE they dial through PSTN .

Now they want to dial to the main office in UAE and from main office to Nigerian office via VPN .

So which is the better way of configuration ,  by sip trunk will both place supports that or is there any other better solution there .

Can anybody help me out on this . Thanks..!

Breeze Joseph Kuriakose Sr Network Engineer
5 Replies 5

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

hi Breeze,

If I understand your question correct..... you have a callmanger 8.0 is in UAE  &  a UC520 in Nigeria  and want to dial from Negeria (UC520)  to  UAE (callamanger)   .   Now since you have ip connectivity between the 2 sites.

You can use any 1 of the  2 solutions....

1>Add a sip trunk to the callmanger  point it to the UC520   and then configure a couple of  sip dial-peers depending on your dial plan to reach the callmanger .

2>add the UC520 to the callmanger as a h323 gateway or just have a trunk from callmanger to the UC520 and  configure H323 dial-peers on the UC520 to send the call to the callmanger.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

Dear Karthik ,

Thanks for the response..

I have a doubt that when we configure sip trunk from uc520 to cucm , then the same sip trunk should be reverse from cucm to uc520   OR  as you said it should be H.323

hi Breeze,

Yes use the same sip trunk even in the reverse direction.(solution1)

H323 is only for the solution 2 as I earlier mention.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

Dear Karthik ,

Thanks for the informatino..and i have one more doubt in that.

they have site to site 2 mbps VPN configured on 3rd party ARRAY(FORESCOUT) and they have Juniper firewall .

Do we need to do any configuration on array or the firewall . or i just have to make sure from CUCM to UC520 its

reachable .

hi Breeze,

Yes  see that there is reachability . As far as the firewall is concerned make sure the sip ports  and the rtp ports are open  for sip and rtp traffic.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik