Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get notification of Voicemail left on a floating extension

Naum Vitanovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like some help in this scenario.

I have a uc560 installed for a client.

All incoming calls on the main line come to extension 777, which is a floating extension.

There is a call forward all on this extension that goes to a call blast group 511 which rings the appropriate extensions.

there is call forward to 399 on no answer and busy on 777.

This 777 extension is used in night service, so voicemail messages are left in night service, in 777's voice mail box.

How can I get messages to show as a message on the extension for example on a receptionist phone with 777 line button  (should it be normal line. or monitor or watch), i.e I need a MWI indicator or somethig else to alert me that there is messages on this extension.

Even though there is messages in the 777 mailbox, it does not show a message icon when installed as a normal extension on a button of a 525g phone.

any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Naum,

On the phone set the 777 extension to be a monitor extension. This will show an icon on the screen of an envelope when there is a new message in the mailbox.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Naum,

On the phone set the 777 extension to be a monitor extension. This will show an icon on the screen of an envelope when there is a new message in the mailbox.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

Thank you, that worked.

I appreciate it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: