cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to identify which line is incoming on phone

pennautomotive
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UC560 system set up in our business and I am looking for some advice on how to impliment something. We have two businesses at our location and both share the same phone system. A couple of the employess (Mainly management) work for both businesses on-site. One of the businesses is an AVIS rental car franchice and I'm looking to be able to identify which number the calls are coming in on so users know how to answer the phone. I do not need a CCA solution (don't even get me started on Cisco and using the almighty CCA) , I am very comfortable using the CLI. Any tips or advice are greatly appriciated. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

Depending on your trunk lines, you might be able to setup Shared DN's, the process of this is quite simple via CLI:

• Create a DN and set it as Octo-Line
  • PSTN/FXO Trunk Line you would set the voice-port to point to that Shared DN's extension number
  • ISDN/PRI You would set your translation rule to point to the Shared DN
  • You would then need to set at least another 3 Shared DN's as Octo-Lines and on the first one do you Call-Forward on Busy/NOAN to the second DN and on the second one you would set your final rule
  • For the second company you would setup Shared DN 3 for it and modify the voice-port or the translation rule (Respectively) to point to that DN
  • Each primary DN should have a second DN for overflow and each one should be set to Octo-Line to allow for up too 8 calls

This in a round-a-bout way is allowing you to create a form of partitioning and you can allow for both offices to monitor the incoming calls. However this is different to Trunk Line monitoring and a great way to do call handling.

Can I ask what is your issues with CCA?

Do you have Cisco Support Contract with the system (Are you UC Express certified?)??

Just curious to know how much out on a limb you are going with this, in this day and age CCA is your only support methods unless you are UC Express certified, other than these forums which is not quite the same as a person on the other end of the phone.

Have you tried CCA build from scratch? I know it wont work with CLI built machines but there are many reasons for this and it all makes sense.

Hope the above suggestion helps you out anyway

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

Depending on your trunk lines, you might be able to setup Shared DN's, the process of this is quite simple via CLI:

• Create a DN and set it as Octo-Line
  • PSTN/FXO Trunk Line you would set the voice-port to point to that Shared DN's extension number
  • ISDN/PRI You would set your translation rule to point to the Shared DN
  • You would then need to set at least another 3 Shared DN's as Octo-Lines and on the first one do you Call-Forward on Busy/NOAN to the second DN and on the second one you would set your final rule
  • For the second company you would setup Shared DN 3 for it and modify the voice-port or the translation rule (Respectively) to point to that DN
  • Each primary DN should have a second DN for overflow and each one should be set to Octo-Line to allow for up too 8 calls

This in a round-a-bout way is allowing you to create a form of partitioning and you can allow for both offices to monitor the incoming calls. However this is different to Trunk Line monitoring and a great way to do call handling.

Can I ask what is your issues with CCA?

Do you have Cisco Support Contract with the system (Are you UC Express certified?)??

Just curious to know how much out on a limb you are going with this, in this day and age CCA is your only support methods unless you are UC Express certified, other than these forums which is not quite the same as a person on the other end of the phone.

Have you tried CCA build from scratch? I know it wont work with CLI built machines but there are many reasons for this and it all makes sense.

Hope the above suggestion helps you out anyway

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: