Views
Helpful
Replies

How to increase volume on SPA 501G?

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys,

I have a client who is having a tough time hearing some calls on the SPA501G handsets that we installed for him at his site.  I know that you can increase the gain of some handsets after those handsets are web writeable, but as the 501Gs do not have a display, how can this be acheived on these units?

If it's helpful at all, the phone system is making use of it's FXO ports, so if we can simply increase the gain on those ports, that might work also.

Thanks!

Seth

5 Replies 5

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Does anybody have information on how to increase the volume?  I can't seem to find any documentation or procedure anywhere.  Are there any Cisco Engineers who would like to comment?

Thanks,

Seth

I'm guessing you have already tried pressing the volume button?

Hi Marcus,

Yes, I've tried the volume button. :-)  Many of these phones have the ability to increase or decrease the gain settings on the phone itself.  It increases (or decreases) max and min volumes for a particular handset.  This is the setting that I am looking for.  Just cranking the handset volume up to max does not provide enough volume for my clients' needs.

Thanks,

Seth

Is there really no way to increase the gain settings on the telephone handsets?  Anybody?

IF you are useing FXO ports the following link will help you out. Just rember this will effect the whole port.

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080477a06.shtml

I would recommend looking the the version of firmware you have on phone and if it is not the latest upgrade to latest and see if that makes a difference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: