Views
Helpful
Replies

how to order Cisco BE6000 Medium Density Server in CCW

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I tried to order Cisco BE6000 Medium Density Server  from CCW but I couldn't find it as a complete! I mean I found BE6K-ST-BDL-K9-RF what does it mean that?? and I didn't find all parts inside it!

Is there any substitute for it?

Any help please!

thanks for all

Mohammad Saeed

7 Replies 7

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammed,

That part number is for a refurbished product based on the M3 product specification (it probably wouldn't have any software preinstalled either).

The part you need to look for is: BE6M-M4-K9=

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andrew,

Thanks yes I got it :-). But the new one is just one CPU and RAID5 but before was I can add more than one CPU and RAID was 10!

Is that safe for CUCM? 

another question is in my CCW I got the configuration status is INVALID what would be the problem? I added all Smart net services!

Thanks again friend :-0

Mohammad

Hi Mohammad,

When we moved to the new processors for the M4 family, we decided to use 1 8 core CPU, rather than 2 4 core sockets.  The net difference is the same, but it allows more commonality with the BE6H (which has two of those CPUs).

It's the same for the disks.  For the 6M there are now more (smaller) SAS drives allowing for a RAID5 configuration.  Again, this drives more alignment with the 6H, which is basically the same, just with more drives.

The only reason why you should get an invalid configuration is if the power cable wasn't selected.  Can you check that?

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andrew,

OK, it looks good with M4 I already chose BE6H.

I checked the power cable it's selected, but I have this message 

• Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) is required for the first year when purchasing this software or software license. SWSS provides access to software maintenance, updates, upgrades, and technical support. ( CS604 )

I added SWSS seperately but still I got invalid! Is that the reason?

Thanks,

Mohammad

Hi Mohammad,

When you are selecting SWSS, is that for the server (BE6H-M4-K9=) or for the application licenses (R-CBE6K-K9)?

For the server, you should be selecting one of the options from either the Cisco SMART NET TOTAL CARE or PARTNER SUPPORT SERVICE options.  I see that SWSS is available for the server for some reason - it shouldn't be, as it doesn't provide hardware cover (I'll look in to that).  I'm not sure why you are seeing that message though.

When configuring your licenses, SWSS (ECMU) or Partner SWSS (PSBU) are certainly the options to consider.

Regards,

Andy

Ho Andrew,

BE6H-M4-K9= it's OK now but R-CBE6K-K6 it gives me : 

• Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) is required for the first year when purchasing this software or software license. SWSS provides access to software maintenance, updates, upgrades, and technical support. ( CS604 )

which services I have to add for.?

Thanks for your patient :-)

I attached a pic

Mohammad

Hi Mohammad,

OK, this makes sense, at least in part.  Certainly 12 Months SWSS is mandatory for all new license purchases (refer to the BE6000 or UCM UCL Ordering Guides). 

However, I also see from your screen shot that there appears to be no service options available - there should be, but as this is driven by your location there may be an issue with your user profile.

Could you please make sure that you have all addresses and service preferences completed in your profile.  If that doesn't enable the add services option, please contact Cisco Customer Support to have them check that your profile is correctly set up.

Once you are set up correctly, you should select either Cisco SWSS (ECMU) or the partner option (PSBU).

Hope that helps,

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: