cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to put UC320 is "Day Mode" if in automatic scheduling?

Chet Prokop
Level 1
Level 1

If the UC320 is using automated scheduling, how can a local user take the unit out of 'night mode' if they want to open before the normally scheduled time?  Example:  Schedule set for "day mode" from 9:00 to 5:00 M-F.  They have need to open at 8:00 one Tuesday... how do they take the unit out of "night mode"?

If they have a "force night" button, can they press it twice??

Chet.           

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
IT and Telecom Services - SMB
Houston, TX       

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
SMB - IT and Telecom Services
Houston, TX
3 Replies 3

Chet Prokop
Level 1
Level 1

Well.... I found in the UC320 admin guide a statement surrounding Force Night button that is not helpful--regarding trying to open early! >>

"Be aware, the button cannot be used to override the automated Night schedule with the Day settings."

... so I ask, again, ... how does a customer put this system into "business hours" mode earlier than the automated time is reached?  Sounds like pressing the Force Night button twice will NOT do it!?

If we can easily put the system into "night mode" ... there's got to be some way to put into "day mode" for exceptions? We do this all the time with other systems and specia codes. Help! I've got a doc office manager who's not thrilled having to call in a support ticket to us to make these changes (nor are we!)

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
Houston, TX

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
Houston, TX

Hi Chet,

Currently we don't have the feature to force the system from night mode to day mode if the system is configured "automatic schedule". But you may want to set the system to manual Schedule.

Manual Schedule (Force Night button):  Choose this option if you want to enable the Day and Night behaviors by using a Force Night button on a user's phone.  When the business closes, a user presses the Force Night button to enable the Night behavior. When the business opens, the user presses the Force Night button to resume the normal operations.

It requires the user to press the force night button at the business close time and toggle it at the business time. By default, the system is at the day mode.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Wendy

Customer is a doctors office and has regular hours for the most. The early entry would work fine with Force Night--and we've set that up that way. BUT... big but... If the office manager or whomever should set night mode doesnt... we have the same issue... how to remotely change scheduling to "night" or even check for them!?!?!

Once eveyone leaves the building if it's not been set, they're screwed ... or have to physically trek back once this is discovered. For doctors with a downtown office in Houston, that's not going to happen!

We need some control over setting and overriding 'day' and 'night' modes... even within the web management interface.  I can do this with other $1000 hybrid systems even from a remote call in--plus through web interface or management software. This is a simple button on the interface at minimum--and would relieve a good deal of frustration. This is not the first installation of a 320 at a doc office that this has come up.  ... but it's worth fixing.

Thanks, Wendy. I appreciate your thoughts.

Chet.

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
Houston, TX

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
Houston, TX
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: