cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to setup 500ds button for paging

Sage Major
Level 1
Level 1

I just depolyed a customer with multiple 504 and 508's with the 500DS on each phone.  They want one button to push for for paging. 

Currently they have to do *96 dial 800 dial

How can I script this onto a button?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm sorry. I'm unable to repeat your configuration.

Even I configured Paging_Code to *96, the *96 dial 800 dial sequence doesn't work for me. After the first dial, the *96 is dialed (and rejected by PBX as unknown number). No further prompt on phone.

On the other side, I can dial 800 with no prefix to initiate the "pagging call" if 800 is configured in Group_Pagging_Script. I can save 800 into personal address book or call it using speed dial defined on Line Key (I have no SPA500DS here)

fnc=sd;ext=800

It just work. I need no *96 prefix for it.

May be, it doesn't work from SPA500DS only (then you should consider to configure SD function on phone's Line Key)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

May be I just doesn't understand your question correctly (I don't know what you mean saying "*96 dial 800 dial") - but you should configure the pagging on attendant console the same way as you configured in on casual phone's line-key until now.

I want to make a button for paging, I have never put on on a line key before

I assume its something like fnc=sd;ext=*98800

The problem is that I have tohit the dial key in the middle.

so the user hits *98 (3 key pushes)  then the Dial soft key (1 key push) then 800(3 key pushes) then the dial soft key again.

Sage

I pressed *96 on my phone followed by "dial" - the *96 has been dialed agains the PBX as standard number. 

From your question I'm unable to recognize if "pagging via *98" is supplemental service of your PBX, or is matter of a specific configuration of your phone (but you didn't mentioned it).

Read Release Notes of 7.5.1a firmware, page 4. It may or may not help you.

Sage Major
Level 1
Level 1

Dan

I am trying to use the feature built into the spa phones.  The paging feature is a multicast feature that does not matter what pbx you connect to.

This is the code that says what to dial first

This part says to listen to 800

pggrp=224.168.168.168:34560;name=All;num=800;listen=yes;

I am looking to make a speed dial of this feature using the above codes.

I'm sorry. I'm unable to repeat your configuration.

Even I configured Paging_Code to *96, the *96 dial 800 dial sequence doesn't work for me. After the first dial, the *96 is dialed (and rejected by PBX as unknown number). No further prompt on phone.

On the other side, I can dial 800 with no prefix to initiate the "pagging call" if 800 is configured in Group_Pagging_Script. I can save 800 into personal address book or call it using speed dial defined on Line Key (I have no SPA500DS here)

fnc=sd;ext=800

It just work. I need no *96 prefix for it.

May be, it doesn't work from SPA500DS only (then you should consider to configure SD function on phone's Line Key)