cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup spa300 with uc560?

Jeff Cooper
Level 1
Level 1

Am looking for a config example for setting up a spa303 and wip310 with the uc560?

Client had purchased a couple dozen spa303s and WIP310s to use with their uc560. Found it isn't supported as a type under the ephone area, and noticed it was a SIP phone.  Anyone configured these with the uc500 series and have an example they can share?

Thanks In Advance,

5 Replies 5

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Afternoon Jeff,

Good news and some bad news

The current software pack 8.0.1 contains the phone loads for the SPA300 series phones.  The WIP 310 is not going to be a supported phone on the UC500 series, you would need to order them some 7925/7921 phones to get the wireless they are looking for.

Be sure to check your loads for the phones to make sure the SPA300 series phones are there

I hope this help

I assume that you mean SWP 8.1.0....  

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Jeff,

The SPA303's are supported on the UC560.  Support for these phones was added, so you may need to upgrade the IOS version you are using.  (I do not remember what IOS version added support for those phones.)   But you are correct, the WIP310's are SIP phones, and not currently supported on the UC560.

Thank you,

Darren

rvaltier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff

SPA303 is supported on software pack version 8.1

SIP clients are not supported, but you may try to deploy by your own, this guide may help to get WIP310 phones working.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9465

Keep in mind that UC500 support is based on CCA, any CLI change may avoid this support.

Best regards,

Rogelio V.

Thanks for the help!!!  great info.. will update box now