cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to toggle Night Service when Night Service Extension is Floating Extension

lbroering
Level 1
Level 1

We are wanting to use the attached guide to set up two autoattendants that can be toggled for open and closed hours. These are awesome instructions. If my Night Service extension is a floating extension (400 in the pdf), from what physical phone will I be able to dial the night service code (*299 in the pdf). What am I missing or not understanding? Be gentle.

2 Replies 2

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

I have gone over this document in the past and found that the only way to toggle night service is to have the extension on the phone.  For now my suggestion would be to have two AA's setup with NO schedule, one AA plays an open prompt and the other plays a closed prompt.  If the business is closed, you can set the phone to call forward all to the AA that plays the closed prompt.  You can do this from shared lines or a single extension.  I will re-visit the document to see if I missed something.

mtempro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can add a second extension to night service bell simply to allow you to add phones for night service.  You can use one of these phones to activate night service system wide.

Marv

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: