cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use keep speed dial keys name(line keys) on call transfert with SPA50X?

Hi all,

We've got 10 SPA509 phones connected to an asterisk server. On those SPA, we configured one line key for each users to call and receive calls and then we use the other line keys configured as speed dial to call each other when needed which is very handy.  One problem is when we want to transfert call to users:

1) One of the user receive an external call

2) He/She wants to transfert it to one of the phone and then He/She press the xfer button

3) He/She wants to press the line keys configured as speed dial but we're not able to see the name in front of the line keys anymore ! There is a big square on the screen waiting for user to entre a phone number.

Is there a way to hide this square and show line keys name instead ? Or maybe someone has found another way to transfert call like that ?

Thank you for your help

Matt

4 Replies 4

stpaulalex
Level 1
Level 1

The interface is definitely a bit messy, especially when on a call.  I have a similar issue, although instead of speeddials for actual endpoints, they're speeddials for call parks.  The reason I can get away with this is that one side of the phone is dedicated to call parks, and it doesn't matter which park is used (as long as its light isn't already red).

Still, is there anyway to alter the GUI to prevent the 4 or 8 button descriptions (on the SPA-504, 8) from being hidden during phone calls?

-Alex

Thank you Alex for your background...

Still anyone from Cisco for this problem ??

Matt

Matt,

I wish I could provide a better answer and a way to do this on the phone directly...

How we typically do this requires Call Ctrl which allows you to transfer/conference to Speed Dial, Redial, Directory and even manual number entry. This is software that runs on the users desktop and functions as a click to dial and a complete call manager for the SPA300, SPA500 and SPA900 IP Phones.

Steve Wofford

www.uctrlit.com/CallCtrl

Call Manager for SPA IP Phones

Thank you Steeve for your feedback...

It seems that I'm the only one in that case and/or facing this issue ?

Anyone else ?

Cheers