cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP Provisioning Bug?

Paul Norman
Beginner
Beginner

I have a few 525G2 units running 7.5.3 and they are provisioned using .cfg files located on a http server, i have no real issues but a few months ago i came across a problem where none of the phones would process the .cfg files.

I located the reason for this after a lot of head scratching and it was down to the dial plan, i have my dial plan set to use <:01792> as i don't like entering my local area code everytime i make a local call.

It appears that entering <:01792> as part of your dial plan directly into the phones web GUI works just fine, but if you add it as part of the dial plan in a .cfg file it kills provisioning! For some reason the tags < and > are the problem.

It seems as a result of being able to use < and > i have to use HTML character encodings in their place, so instead of adding <:01792> to my dial plan in the provisioning file i actually have to add &lt;:01792&gt; instead of <:01792>

1 Reply 1

Steven Howes
Beginner
Beginner

That's not a bug. Youre making XML - you have to use XML encoding for certain characters. If you use < and >, how is it supposed to know if you're opening/closing tags etc? Same applies for & and a few others.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers