Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Blast Questions- timeout & caller id

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

On a UC560 ( imagine it's the same for 540 and 520)-

1. What is the max timeout for a hunt blast group (ringers) ?  In CCA I've plugged in a lot of seconds ( 8000) and it doesn't seem to cause an error....

The customer says they want it to ring indefinitely.

2. Is there a way to keep some sort of tag or caller id info indicating that the call is to the hunt blast group and not for your personal extension?

So I am ext 100. and part of a hunt blast for the Financial Aid Dept. If the call is for me, I answer "This is Stacy." If the call is for the financial aid team,

I answer " Financial Aid how may I help you?".  In testing on my system, the caller id is that of the outside caller , which is great, but I wish there was a bit more info on the hunt blast showing me it was sent to me from the blast group.

- I tried adding a dummy extension with CFAll to the hunt blast pilot, but that doesn't trick it either.

- I don't want to create a different set of extesnsions in the blast group such that I use a 2nd button on my handset for the blast.

I'm thinking there may be a way to keep or add the "Call Forward From ...."  of the dummy extension to the hunt blast as the caller id display on the phone somehow?  Maybe with dial peers? translation rules?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Stacy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Answer for Number 1 Only:

Hi Stacy,

The blast group is a voice hunt-group, so checked CLI:

UC540(config-voice-hunt-group)#timeout ?
  <3-60000>  No Answer timeout in seconds <-- more than 16 hours of ringing

But remember that the individual line must  be greater than the blast group.

UC540(config-ephone-dn)#call-forward noan 400 timeout ?
  <3-60000>  Ringing no answer timeout duration in seconds

So make the blast group 1 second less than any member line :-)

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Answer for Number 1 Only:

Hi Stacy,

The blast group is a voice hunt-group, so checked CLI:

UC540(config-voice-hunt-group)#timeout ?
  <3-60000>  No Answer timeout in seconds <-- more than 16 hours of ringing

But remember that the individual line must  be greater than the blast group.

UC540(config-ephone-dn)#call-forward noan 400 timeout ?
  <3-60000>  Ringing no answer timeout duration in seconds

So make the blast group 1 second less than any member line :-)

Steve

Thanks Steve- good point on the ringer- I know that oo whooops!

Now I am re-thinking the design and going away from the hunt blast to a sequential ring of dummy ephone-dn's that I can overlay on to user's 2nd buttons.

This way they know how to answer per the line coming in... and I don't care about the person's ring timers as the dummy ephones won't have voicemial boxes and become a non issue.

I am thinking the customer cna then easily manage employee changes by just adding or removing butotns on their phones rather than having us adjust an hunt group parameters.

Thank you,

stacy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: