cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt group question

keithouellette
Level 1
Level 1

I created a hunt group in our UC320 with 4 members. It is configured as a sequential hunt always trying the first person in the sequence and try each extension for 6 seconds then roll to the next in the sequence. However, if the first is already on the phone, it still rings the line they are on (like call waiting) and then rolls. Is there a way to disable the call waiting and roll automatically if the estension is busy?

Thanks,

Keith

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Keith,

I think the "problem" you are running into here is that each configured line on a SPA5xx phone can, by default, handle two phone calls.  The system would not see the phone as being off hook because of this feature.  Even if there were a feature add for what you describe, then you would have to limit your phone to only handling one call per line.  That is not possible on the phones at the moment.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Naum Vitanovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Keith,

Are you using SIP or FXO lines?

If you are using FXO lines, and you have more then 1 FXO line, you will have to enable line hunt on the telco provider end. This means if  one of the fxo ports has a call active, the next call will use the next fxo line and you will not hear call waiting, but will ring the hunt group again.

I had this problem with one of my customers. Once I enabled line hunt on the telco provider side, everything was working fine.

I have not had this problem with SIP.

Cheers,

Naum

I am using FXO lines. My telco provider does have those in a hunt group that is working fine. My question is the hunt group I created using phone extensions on the UC320.

juliomar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Keith,

This is a good request.  I will file an enhancement request to enable a DND button while the user is on call (Connected Key List).  This would allow a user to hit the DND, and inbound calls while user is talking would roll to the next user.

Cheers,

Julio

Julio,

Actually if the user does go into DND, that actually works. However, they would not normally do that everytime they answer a call. The system should probably have an option to rollover when an extension in the hunt group is "busy/off-hook" If that is put it in DND without the user having to do that, then that would work. But I think that will affect a second line and put it in DND as well right? or is that on a per line basis? Just a thought.

So I can assume that the current software does not support such a function?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

I think the "problem" you are running into here is that each configured line on a SPA5xx phone can, by default, handle two phone calls.  The system would not see the phone as being off hook because of this feature.  Even if there were a feature add for what you describe, then you would have to limit your phone to only handling one call per line.  That is not possible on the phones at the moment.

Thank you for the tip. I configured the phone itself to disable the call waiting feature and it now will roll over if the line is busy. The only thing that is a bit odd is that in the scenerio of twos defined with one being ni a hunt group and the employee is on that line, if a second call comes in destined for the line that is not in a hunt group, it also appears to be busy as it goes directly to voicemail. I guess this would work as I can tell folks that if they are on a line already, that the system thinks you are busy. In a traditional PBX with a multiline set, the second line would "ring/flash" to allow the user to end the call they are on and pick up the other line before it goes to voicemail.But this may get us close enough.

Again thank you.

You can do a shared line appearance on the phone that would allow you to put two lines on the phone for incoming calls.  This would allow you to have that flashing line if a second call came in.  The issue with that would be, then you have 4 call paths available instead of 2.  It also doesn't allow hunting. 

The call waiting feature is performed on the phone, so if you turn that off for a hunt group, then you turn it off for everything.  So, in effect, the phone can only handle 1 call at a time.

Thank you again. I did try that as well. My management wants to have the hunting functionality so that it will always start with one employee and roll over if they aer busy with a call already. I really appreciate all of he hints. I still think this system is pretty amazing for its size and cost.

Thanks,

Keith