cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hybrid mode, CO-Lines Always picking up line one.

placroix
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Team,

supporting AT&T is a challenge, different small business groups do things differently..Currently I am dealing with a group who likes to make the uc500 act as close to a partner system as possible. Therefore, they set up the phones with CO-Lines on the buttons, Like a key system with the first button on the phone being line-1. All phones have Line-1 Line-2 and Line-3 mapped to buttons 1,2 and 3 respectively. When one user picks up the receiver, co_line one goes off hook and all is well. When the next user picks up the receiver, it does not realize line one is seized and go to line two, it gives the user a busy signal..

I know in IP PBX mode how to handle this, but in Key-system/hybrid, what can I do to get this to work?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Paul

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

If I got the gist of what you were saying, this system was placed in KTS mode instead of PBX mode right?

And what is happening is auto line seizure is not happening, where the system takes off-hook the next available line automatically... Is this correct??

The current scenario is the user must press the line key to get access to an outside line?? If this is the case I always thought that this is how it needs to happen, to allow a person to make an internal call without it picking up an outside line, I could be wrong but to do auto line seizure would be fraught with all sorts of problems unless I am mistaken.

Set me straight If I am not following you right

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply.. I think you have it straight... But one thing to be clear. By putting CO line 1 on line 1 of the phone set, when the reciever goes off hook, they get dialtone from the CO_line (no other buttons are pushed)...When the next person picks up, it tries to seize line one and they get a busy signal.

I have tried to talk them into putting the 2 digit extension in slot 1 and the co lines in slots 2,3,4...But they want it to look just like the partner system...

Paul

Hi Paul,

YIKES!!!! There is always a danger in getting the Cisco to look like another system, whilst we can work pretty hard to get close to it, the client must also be willing to accept they have a new modernized equipment that will function slightly different.

Is there any way you can convince them to dial "0" so the system will acquire the next available line (Although in most cases the Cisco will probably choose the last line).

The first button will auto seize because that is normally reserved for the users extension... I actually don't know how you can solve this as you would need to be in full PBX mode and doing something like trunk line monitoring for this to work as a KTS would.

Hmmmm You have left me with something to think about now... GAH!!! This is going to be playing on my mind all day now...

If I figure something out for you I will post back.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: