cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I'll chime in on the requests for cca

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

I had this come up the other day. I've been having all kinds of issues with my SIP using a different random port due to the way my service provider works. Makes it difficult to lock down an external firewall when the ports are random. So I'm requesting that we could have a little more control or just add the command to force SIP registration messages to always use 5060. I'm not sure if other users need to use a different port, if so give us the option to configure outside of default. I did request this to TAC already and gave the command once I discovered it. Just thought it's a good time to be repetetive here.

Also I request that when we change our SIP trunk configuration that CCA will not automatically change the translation rules. I think it would be more common that users would port their numbers if they were to move from service providers. However I had to reconfigure it a lot due to some disruptions and the fastest way I could fix the unknown problem at the time was to reconfigure it, but I always had to go back to the translation rules and input all of them too. That made the task a lot longer then I would have preferred.

Here's another one. I'm not understanding why but when I try to restore my backups CCA always adds back how it thinks we should have settup the VLANs, at least it did a the last time I tried with the UC560. I have to go back into the config when I restore and take out the data vlan and input my addressing correctly. Not a huge deal, but it can be frustrating that I can't just restore and go, anyway to change that behavior? Also it adds all those ephone-dn's and it repeated the same number after I configured any, that was a troubleshoot for a bit, horked up the system a bit, and made the local directory pretty inaccurate

And how bout extension mobility configuration, template configuration, and upload of images and ringtones..

Maybe this is a total IOS development issue but hey wishfull thinking can't hurt. I'd prefer to be abe to tell the system which button to use when making an outbound call and pickup for inbound calls seperately. I tried the current command, but it still coudn't quite get it to behave as hoped for. I know that's a bit much and probably just not possible. Shucks.

Thanks for the opportunity

Stephanie

1 Reply 1

m.junghage
Level 1
Level 1

I'm with you on the background images and ringtones. The process of uploading manually them is way to complex, I can't see any big issues implementing this in the CCA since there's third party applications that does this for the Call Manager series.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: