Helpful
Replies

IM and Presence installation issue

Frank Hoeben
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We recently got a BE6k box.
Deploying the 10.x OVA's went well, however upon installing the IM and Presence server I ran into a problem.

The installation comes up with thew following warning:

"Warning: This is not the First Node in the cluster. You must first configure this server on the First Node...etc.

However, this is the First Node, the installer just assumes there already is a First Node.

How do I work around this, or, how does the installer detect the presence of a First Node, as that mechanism is obviously broken.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You must go to CUCM Publisher and Add the IMP server in the System - Server section.

The publisher now holds the database for IM and P starting in verion 10.x. If you will be adding a secondary IM & P Server, you will need to add it in the CUCM Pub as well. They are subscribers of the CUCM Pub.

View solution in original post

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your answer.
Once I understood that, unlike in previous versions, in 10.x the CUCM Callmanager takes the role of the First Node, it became clear.

The installation went flawlessly after that.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

You must go to CUCM Publisher and Add the IMP server in the System - Server section.

The publisher now holds the database for IM and P starting in verion 10.x. If you will be adding a secondary IM & P Server, you will need to add it in the CUCM Pub as well. They are subscribers of the CUCM Pub.

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your answer.
Once I understood that, unlike in previous versions, in 10.x the CUCM Callmanager takes the role of the First Node, it became clear.

The installation went flawlessly after that.

Hi Guys,

Just purchased BE6K 10.5.x. It does not have IM and Presence Server in the Application Server drop down list to choose from. It does have CUC  other stuff but no IM and Presence listed.

Seek your humble guidance please.

Hi Anujnaidu,

If you don't see the VM like in the picture below, then I would download the 10.5 OVA for IM/Presence and request a bootable ISO image from Cisco TAC.

Or You can download an upgrade ISO from Cisco and convert it to bootable one. You can find guides via any popular search engine :)

Regards,

Tiberie

I suggest you to review the IM&P installation guide, now IM&P servers are considered a SUB of CUCM and need to be added just as CUCM SUBs, again, strongly suggest you to read the installation guide before proceeding.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

I'm having same problem too. During first install of IM&P I didnt have this problem/Warning message - only upon a re-install. The CVD has no mention of this question as it only applies on the second IM&P server. Is this a bug or is there some remaining config 'tying up' the first node??

How do I proceed with install if it thinks its the second server?

Rich

Correction: first time was V9!

"

When you install IM and Presence nodes, the first node that you install functions as the server for the IM and

Presence database. Because this node publishes the database for all of the IM and Presence nodes in the cluster,

it is referred to as the IM and Presence database publisher; however, you must install this and all other IM

and Presence nodes as subscribers of the Unified Communications Manager publisher node. As with other

subscriber nodes, you must add these in the system topology before you install the software"

Thanks Kris.

anujnaidu
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks All.

Hi Kris,

You have indeed answered my question. Version 10.5 is a different adaptation, as opposed to earlier versions. For a moment I thought it needed to be installed in a specific way, but not the case.

I am working on a brand new BE6K series. It has all the appropriate ISO and OVA stored away in the database store. Just so handy if you wish to rebuild from scratch quickly. Includes CUCM, CUC, IMP CCX, Provisioning and VPN Expressway.

Thanks much guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: