Views
Helpful
Replies

inbound CID# format +xxxxxxxxxxxx

johondoe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Since I implemented the SPA9000 it is impossible to dial the saved directory numbers in format example +4989xxxxxxx (+49=countrycode 89=areacode xxxxxxx=phone number).

As long I used our SPA9xx as single phones each with its own voip provider number everything was fine.

Now the phones have to add 9 in front to receive an outside line at the SPA9000, but with the "+" as the first sign in the front I receive always INVALID NUMBER on the display. If I remove "+" in the directory to 4989xxxxxxx my dialplan adds 9 to 94989xxxxxxx and I can call outbound. So far looks fine.

But with this small change in the directory my SPA962 is unable to identifiy an inbound call +4989xxxxxxx as 4989xxxxxxx like saved in the directory. So I have no name of the caller as saved in directory on my display and also no special ringtones assigned to this number.

I spend now many hours to adjust my dialplan but I find no solution.

my dial plan: (<**:>[2-9]|<:9>xxxx.|09[03]x.!|08[12]0x.!)

many thanks for your help

fred

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fred;

Not sure it will work (I have not tried) but try the following on the phones

[Line x] Caller ID Map: (<+:>+xx.)

I don't remember if Caller ID map supports "+", quickest is for you to try it. This should remove automatically the + on any incoming call

Regards;

Alberto

Hi Alberto

Thanks for your help.

What you suggest did not work. Looks like the dial plan syntax does not know how to handle a "+" 

Regards

Fred

Hi Fred;

I see. Then I cannot offer you a nicer solution than what you already discovered.

Regards;
Alberto

Hello Fred,

the only characters that you can handle are these:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 * # ; so the "+" is not supported to be handled from the SPA9000 for sure.

Regards

Mauro