cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

inbound routing of SIP trunk

7bridgesol
Level 1
Level 1

customer would like to have the recp answer inbound calls from SIP provider during business hours.  AA at night.

What would the best option be for this.  DID's to ext's on her phone?

Please help.

2 Replies 2

mgendell
Level 1
Level 1

I recommend creating an "octo-line" DN (make sure you update the software on the UC500 as older versions don't support octo lines). Then assign that DN to a button on the receptionist phone. You can also share that DN on other phones for additional call coverage (for example, if the receptionist is at lunch/out or is already juggling multiple calls).

I recommend configuring that DN to "call-foward noan" to the AA pilot number. That way if no one answers the caller will at least get something other than continuous ringing. If they want after-hours calls to ring directly to the AA instead, you can setup night service and configure that DN to "call-forward night-service" to the AA pilot number. With night service you can set it up on an automatic schedule (i.e., turns on/off at specific times) or have them dial the code to manually enable/disable night service. I recommend configuring the receptionist's primary DN to receive night-service so that phone will show "Night Service Active" when it's enabled - it's a good visual reminder so people know if it's active.

Hope that helps!

Martin Gendell

Apogee Technology Services, Inc.

www.ApogeeServices.com

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help!

Cisco Moderation Team

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: