Views
Helpful
Replies

installation CUCMBE 6000 with 100 user

omar Alqadi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I recived order recently from Cisco  ,  when i start installation UCS C220 M3 MD  6000 call manager from  "cisco unified communication mgr SME,BE,UNITY,Connection " CD installation Disc  9.1a , the choices appear (1) cisco unified communication Manager (2) cisco unified CM Busines Edtion 5000 (3) cisco Enterprise license Manager,

but the  cisco unified CM Busines Edtion 6000  is not  appear with choice ,

How I can  installation this product  becouse i not receved another installtion "cisco unified communication mgr SME,BE,UNITY,Connection " CD installation Disc  9.1a  include cisco unified CM Busines Edtion 6000  choice.

best regards

8 Replies 8

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Omar,

Thanks for using the Cisco Community.

First of all, you shouldn't need to use the CD/DVDs, these are just included in the server packing for backup purposes.  When you install the applications, use the install ISO files that are included in the hypervisor datastore.

The installation file you need for UCM is Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.1.20000-5.sgn.iso - this is a common installer file for both UCM and Unity Connection.  The ELM application will automatically install co-resident with UCM, so no need to select that for a standalone installtion.

When installing, just look for Unified Communications Manager, you won't see anything specific to the BE6000, other than a reference against the 1000 user option you select when installing the VM OVA.

Step by step instructions for installing the virtual machines are available here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/BE6000/InstallationGuide/9_x/CUCM_BK_IA4BAD3A_00_installing-cisco-business-edition-6000.html

Regards,

Andy

thanl you very much

i missed file  from  hypervisor datastore  becouse i had deleted  datastore then  i created new one

please how ican download  Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.1.20000-5.sgn.iso 

best regards

Kindly, we received Cisco Call manger 6000  device (CBE6k-K9)   but  the software we received  for  Call manager 5000

Please find in the below the software requirment with call manager 6000:

BE6K-SW-9.X      Cisco Business Edition 6000 - Software Version 9.X

Hi Omar,

The BE6K-SW-9.X product code that you refer to is really just a package level identifier.  The disks you have are in fact the correct ones.

When you use the UCM/SME/BE/UNITY Connection DVD (which is the disk version of the Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.1.20000-5.sgn.iso image you deleted) you will be presented with a number of install options.  Provided that you use the correct OVA files - you should be offered the choice of UCM, Unity Connection or ELM.  You may see BE5000 listed as an invalid choice.

For the BE6000, you will be using the standard UCM installation.  There is no BE6000 specific option to choose.

BTW - when installing the BE6000 you need to create separate virtual machines for UCM and Unity Connection - both of these include the Enterprise License Manager (ELM), so no need to install that separately.  Again, step by step instructions for installing the server are available at the link above.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Bros,

I am very new for BE6K i have all lic but the problem is how to use OVA tamplate what is the user name and password for OVA  how to use OVA its confusing me this is the file i received with be (

cupm_8_6_linux_vmware.ova)

Regards

Sheraz

Hi,

Take a look at the BE6000 Install Guide, that should point you in the right direction.

Default vSphere username and password is root/password.

Regards,

Andy

HI ANDrew ,

Thanks for quick help i have a .lic bunddle with BE6000 what mac should i use or how can i chose right MAC if i need to reinstall CUCM/CUC some it will be same MAC after installation.

Thanks In Advance

Sheraz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: