cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing 7914 load file on a UC540

John Carney
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed a UC540 for a customer. They have a 7961GE with a 7914 sidecar. I can't get the 7914 to do anything but display all red numbers, even though it is configured properly in the CCA.

I realized that there is no firmware load for the 7914 on the UC540 which I suspect is the problem. The issue I'm having is finding the file to upload. I found the 7914 load in the .tar file on the disk, but CCA will only accept a .zip file to upload. I tried to zip the load file, but get a message that the file is invalid for the device.

Where can I find a file for the 7914 that I can upload to the UC540. I'd hate to have to do it via command line as the new interface really makes things much better.

Any suggestions anyone?

jc              

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jeff,

The zip file for SWP 8.6.1 is e.g.  UC540-8.6.1.zip

Best regards,

Alex

*Please rate all helpful posts

EDIT: you should select the Software Pack file not other included into it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello John,

You should go to Maintenance-> Phone Load Management-> Upload Phone Loads then select the zip file of the software pack.

Then it will extract it and the available phone loads will be available to choose from.

The other approach is to try to drag and drop the firmware directly from the topology screen by dropping the file on the UC picture.

HTH,

Alex

The problem is that I can't find the zip file. On the software disk, the file is included in the .tar file, but not as a .zip. Where can I find the proper .zip file?

I tried downloading from CCO, but none of them worked either.

jc

Hi Jeff,

The zip file for SWP 8.6.1 is e.g.  UC540-8.6.1.zip

Best regards,

Alex

EDIT: you should select the Software Pack file not other included into it.

Well, that almost worked. I copied the zip file to the local workstation where CCA is running, selected it in the tool, selected 7914 to load, and then after several minutes got the following error:

Accessing tftp://192.168.1.105/2709489136938......

%Error opening tftp://192.168.1.105/2709489136938 (timed out)

UC500 loopback network (10.1.10.2) unreachable

The system seems to be working just fine other than this particular device, including voicemail. Not sure what I need to do to get this to work properly.

Any more suggestions?

jc

Hey Alexander,

Thanks for the help. I found my problem today. The workstation that I was running the CCA on had an incorrect default gateway, so it wasn't pointing to the UC540 which is why the timeout was occurring. I added a default route on the workstation and the utility updated as expected.

Thanks again.

jc

Hi John,

I am glad that the issue has been resolved. Thank you for the feedback and the rating!

Best regards,

Alex