cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter company extension on SIP

Hi

I want to create inter company extention on UC560 for a customer. like

1 (NY), 2 (LA), 3 (LO) and then the specific person’s extensions on SIP

can anyone advice me on this. how to do this on CLI and CCA.

because currenly we use CLI and planning to reconfigure using CCA3.0

THANKS

shameer

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mohamed,

Multi-site deployments use H.323, I thought I better clarify this with you first but this should not be a problem though.

In regards to CCA lab, well I don't have links to the latest ones but I am sure a Cisco Rep will chime in on this

I honestly do not think you need a TAC rep helping you on this, also you will most likely get an SMB support office helping you with this as you will be using CCA and TAC does not support CCA they only support CLI configuration.

Building a system using CCA should not take you any longer than 3 hours maximum 4 hours if you want to apply some complex call routing.

Here is what you should do:

• Back up your current configuration, store this on your computer as a txt file just in case you need to upload it back to the system for quick restoration.
  • Use CCA to backup the CUE unless you have nothing on there that needs backing up, if you are clear to wipe it clean then don't worry about backing it up.
  • Download and install CCA version 3
  • Download all the locale files you may need if not default US English
  • Download the latest UC-500 software pack 8.1
  • Turn of all firewalls on your system
  • Turn of all Network interfaces except the Ethernet Lan you will be using to connect to the device
  • Run CCA and upgrade the system to the latest software pack, also choose the option to reset to factory defaults and wipe the flash card (which will clean it up and properly format the file structure in the way CCA supports it)
  • Run the telephony setup wizard and follow each instructions, choose the best method of install you want and also make sure you set the system up as a Multi-Site install
  • You will most likely get 80% of the installation done through the wizard, the remaining 20% will be the advanced stuff and will most likely take the longest part as you apply it, test it and make the minor changes you require

The telephony wizard can take about 90 minutes to apply the configuration and reload the system and to walk through it, it may also do the upgrade procedure at this period of time so maybe no need to do them separate.

I dont foresee you having many issues as the wizard is quite intuitive and is very good at walking you through the whole process, just make sure your Java and Flash is up-to-date as well as this can cause problems from time-to-time.

I encourage you to use CCA across all the sites, this way the configurations are consistent and you can be certain they will, but the last thing you may need to do is make sure that your edge devices (Your WAN routers) are going to play nice with the UC's as well, these could potentially cause the problem with your Multi-Site deployment.

This is not a full guide by any means, it is general and just designed to set you on the right path, I believe the section were you download the latest CCA has the lab documents there and also general deployment guide lines, it might be helpful to read them briefly before you embark on this and take any tips, hints or ideas from them.

I wish you all the best and a smooth build process, i truly hope your CCA experience is a good one

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

So CLI configured systems will choke CCA most likely.

Do it manually and then connect CCA.  But TFTP the latest UC560 default configuration file to your IOS flash first so you dont have to do this twice.

Two Steps:

1) CUE: Session to the CUE and restore factory defaults. 

UC560# service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session

This will take your into CUE system where you can issue the following commands:

UC500-CUE> offline

!!!WARNING!!!: If you are going offline to do a backup, it is recommended that you save the current running configuration using the 'write' command, prior to going to the offline state.

Putting the system offline will terminate all end user sessions.

Are you sure you want to go offline[n]? : y

UC560-CUE(offline)> restore factory default

!!!WARNING!!!: This operation will cause all configuration and data

on the system to be erased. This operation is not reversible.

Do you wish to continue[n]? : y

Restoring the system. Please wait .....done

System will be restored to factory default when it reloads.

Press any key to reload:

2) CME:  copy the latest default configuration file to the startup-config and then reload the router.

copy flash: startup-config

reload

Then connect CCA and begin.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mohamed,

Multi-Site configuration should be done using CCA, CLI is great to do it but I must say the trend and the peace of mind way to do it these days is using CCA, the IOPS builds are becoming more and more custom to the GUI install method.

But to do it via CLI you would need to configure the following:

• Translation Rules
  • Dial-Peers
  • Codecs
  • Transcoding (inclusive of DSP resource configuration)
  • Bindings
  • Telephony-service (This needs to be done anyway for Transcoding and DSP related stuff)

By hand using a template CLI configuration would be a long job as there is 3 sites, using CCA would probably half the time.

I could draft up a sample configuration file of all the parts you would need to configure, but this would only be a guide and in most cases would require some heavy modifications.

You could cheat it CLI way by using CCA-3 to create a Multi-Site configuration on one system, and then manually go through and adjust the other sites in a txt file using a program like PSPad which is a txt editor, this is the way I would do it (Yes i call it cheating )

That is the basics of it, although it is more in-depth than that, it is though the general idea of it.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

thanks David

I'm planning to do a factory reset and reinstall using CCA3.0 on next weekend for that customer.

can you advice me of the CCA steps. is there any particular cisco lab documents available to refer for this task.

is this a lengthy task. I'm thinking of getting a TAC engineer support on weekend. but not sure about the availability.

thanks

shameer

Hi Mohamed,

Multi-site deployments use H.323, I thought I better clarify this with you first but this should not be a problem though.

In regards to CCA lab, well I don't have links to the latest ones but I am sure a Cisco Rep will chime in on this

I honestly do not think you need a TAC rep helping you on this, also you will most likely get an SMB support office helping you with this as you will be using CCA and TAC does not support CCA they only support CLI configuration.

Building a system using CCA should not take you any longer than 3 hours maximum 4 hours if you want to apply some complex call routing.

Here is what you should do:

• Back up your current configuration, store this on your computer as a txt file just in case you need to upload it back to the system for quick restoration.
  • Use CCA to backup the CUE unless you have nothing on there that needs backing up, if you are clear to wipe it clean then don't worry about backing it up.
  • Download and install CCA version 3
  • Download all the locale files you may need if not default US English
  • Download the latest UC-500 software pack 8.1
  • Turn of all firewalls on your system
  • Turn of all Network interfaces except the Ethernet Lan you will be using to connect to the device
  • Run CCA and upgrade the system to the latest software pack, also choose the option to reset to factory defaults and wipe the flash card (which will clean it up and properly format the file structure in the way CCA supports it)
  • Run the telephony setup wizard and follow each instructions, choose the best method of install you want and also make sure you set the system up as a Multi-Site install
  • You will most likely get 80% of the installation done through the wizard, the remaining 20% will be the advanced stuff and will most likely take the longest part as you apply it, test it and make the minor changes you require

The telephony wizard can take about 90 minutes to apply the configuration and reload the system and to walk through it, it may also do the upgrade procedure at this period of time so maybe no need to do them separate.

I dont foresee you having many issues as the wizard is quite intuitive and is very good at walking you through the whole process, just make sure your Java and Flash is up-to-date as well as this can cause problems from time-to-time.

I encourage you to use CCA across all the sites, this way the configurations are consistent and you can be certain they will, but the last thing you may need to do is make sure that your edge devices (Your WAN routers) are going to play nice with the UC's as well, these could potentially cause the problem with your Multi-Site deployment.

This is not a full guide by any means, it is general and just designed to set you on the right path, I believe the section were you download the latest CCA has the lab documents there and also general deployment guide lines, it might be helpful to read them briefly before you embark on this and take any tips, hints or ideas from them.

I wish you all the best and a smooth build process, i truly hope your CCA experience is a good one

Cheers,

David.

Hi David

thank you very much for your reply and it gave me confident to do this job. this is my first job in this field.

also I've already copied the running config,(the config which i posted on "Cannot press option button on outgoing 0845 calls" discussion)

I have to factory reset the UC560 using CLI. so once I did this using CLI and wipe the system. then connect the UC560 using CCA3.0.

then, do I need to do a another reset using CCA to make sure it done properly before going in to telephony wizard.

thanks

shameer 

Hi Mohamed,

Reset it to factory defaults when you upgrade to the latest software pack, you do not have to do this manually my friend CCA can do this for you right now, if not then do it manually and just choose the option again when you do the upgrade just to be sure

Cheers,

David.

HI David

just one question. the system was build and configured using CLI only. so will it possible to connect this device using CCA before doing a factory reset?.how?

thats why in my previous post i mentioned that i have to do factory reset on CLI. to do a clean start with CCA.

then connect the UC560 using CCA3.0,

upgrade the UC560 using CCA,

Then factory reset using CCA just to confirm

correct me if im wrong

thanks

shameer

So CLI configured systems will choke CCA most likely.

Do it manually and then connect CCA.  But TFTP the latest UC560 default configuration file to your IOS flash first so you dont have to do this twice.

Two Steps:

1) CUE: Session to the CUE and restore factory defaults. 

UC560# service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session

This will take your into CUE system where you can issue the following commands:

UC500-CUE> offline

!!!WARNING!!!: If you are going offline to do a backup, it is recommended that you save the current running configuration using the 'write' command, prior to going to the offline state.

Putting the system offline will terminate all end user sessions.

Are you sure you want to go offline[n]? : y

UC560-CUE(offline)> restore factory default

!!!WARNING!!!: This operation will cause all configuration and data

on the system to be erased. This operation is not reversible.

Do you wish to continue[n]? : y

Restoring the system. Please wait .....done

System will be restored to factory default when it reloads.

Press any key to reload:

2) CME:  copy the latest default configuration file to the startup-config and then reload the router.

copy flash: startup-config

reload

Then connect CCA and begin.

Thank you very much steven, get back to you when i have done.

thanks everyone for valuable support

regards

shameer

hi

to configure multi site. is it necessary both sites need to be configured using CCA. what if one site can use CCA and other can't (configured only on CLI). still possible to connect them both

thanks

shameer

Hi Shameer,

I propose you build the first system using CCA and copy the running configuration after it is built and with all the configurations you require to a txt file, once you have done that then look to make all the required changes to that configuration to suit the site you have to control via CLI, this way you can attempt to make the remote system CCA compatible, and on top of that you can create a VPN tunnel on that remote site and use CCA to manage it.

That would be my first suggestion and would be the way you would do it as well.

Cheers,

David.