Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent Caller ID on fxo port in UK on UC320

Paul Williamson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing intermittent issues with caller id via the fxo port?  I'm running firmware version 2.3.1(14).

After rebooting the UC320 the first call received will display the correct caller id but any call received thereafter will only display as being from "fxo1".  Reboot the 320 and again, the first call received will again display the correct caller id but thereafter back to fxo1.

I've run the FXO impedance matching tool and inserted the correct values from the test but this is still occuring.  As far as I recall it was fine before I installed the release candidate.  Caller ID from the SIP trunks is fine.  Anyone else having similar problems or any suggestions to fix this?

Regards,

Paul.

16 Replies 16

Jack Germanos
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the same problem after upgrading to 2.3.1, it was showing calls from FXO at random.... I have rebooted and still happening

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Well that's two of us then!  Are you in the UK Jack?

Any others experiencing problems?

Jack Germanos
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in Australia

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Paul (and/or Jack),

Thanks for you question on the support community on this issue.

Couple questions if I may...

1) Was the fxo caller id working before upgrading to 2.3.1(14) and after upgrade it stopped presenting the caller id after the first call?

2) If a previous version did present the caller id correctly can you confirm what version?

3) Please open a support case with Cisco Small Business Support Center:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

There are additional fxo debug tools in firmware version 2.3.1(14).  The support team can request the correct syslog settings to help identify the caller-id issue.

Thanks,

Randy

Thanks for your reply Randy,

in answer to your questions:

1)  Yes it worked correctly prior to the upgrade to 2.3.1(14).

2) The previous version that worked correctly was 2.2.2

3) I'm opening a case now.

Thanks again.

Paul.

Case opened with support centre - I'll let you know what happens.

Just to update - Fabulous service from Cisco with this problem - I received a pmf file today from them which has fixed this problem.

Thank you very much guys - I know in other messages I've complained about the length of time it takes for things to get done, specifically, new features at Cisco but absolutely no such complaint when it comes to fixing an issue with a supported feature.

Wonderful service guys.

Regards,

Paul.

That's great - I was seriously considering reverting to the previous firmware version.

So how can a mere user like me get this pmf file? It's not on the list of published pmf files yet?

Clive

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hmm... Good question, if you let me have your email address I could email it to you or maybe someone from Cisco could pick this up and help Clive and anyone else with this problem by giving them access to the file?  Tobi Asonibare at Cisco emailed me the pmf file.

Extract from Tobi's email:

"The PMF changes the call id method from ETSI FSK with PR (UK) to "ETSI DTMF with PR" and we've had a TME test it to be working in the UK."

So I'm assuming this may be of help to people only in the UK.

Let me know if I can help.

Regards,

Paul.

chidcp999
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue in the UK with Callier ID no longer working for the fxo line.

These firmware updates - when they eventually turn up, see to be half a step forward and one back!

Not impressed with Cisco's response speed when it comes to updates and fixes for this box!

Hi,

Monday was a holiday in the U.S.  We were waiting for feedback that the PMF worked before making it a general release.  We'll work on gettting it published  on the PMF page ASAP.

Thanks,

Chris

The published PMF files have been updated and is documented here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16301

The PMF for the UK caller ID Method is

Caller_ID_Method

5N/A

Allow setting of ETSI DTMF With PR Caller ID Method on UC320W.

(Resolves some Call Id issues in UK).

Regards,

Randy

We are getting a system crash also.  Call comes in without Caller ID. The call then breaks up and UC reboots.

I have just applied the PMF....fingers crossed!

Hi Tim,

Are you by chance using BRI circuits for PSTN access?  If so, you will want to upgrade to the 2.3.1 Release Candidate firmware found on this community.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: