Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent static at high volume during Music on Hold

Noel Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue with intermittent static whilst MOH is playing. We have a UC560BRI running the latest 8.1.0 feature pack. When we place calls on hold the default music on hold plays however, intermittently there is loud static that sounds sounds like Squawks on a CB radio.

It happens on internal calls as well as external calls that come in/go out over ISDN.

Is anyone else experiencing this and are there any steps to resolution?

Configuration can be posted if required however this was a plain vanilla installation with no MOH settings changed.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies 7

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Noel,

Is the MOH being played the internal one or through the MOH port on the UC?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

hi David,

Internally, we have no devices connected to the external MoH port at the moment.

Regards,

Noel Kelly

Hi Noel,

I know this request I am about to ask is not the most favorable, but if you are willing to do it, it will certainly entertain a thought and help with the Diag process.

Can you please power the entire UC500 down, wait say 10 seconds and then power it back up please (Do not do a reload).

Give it 15 minutes and then make a couple of Internal test calls with one end placed on hold and see how that goes, if no problem found then try a couple of external calls as well.

If problems are presented, then let us know here.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hello Noel,

Are you currently using the default moh file "music-on-hold.au".  I've experienced exactly what you're describing on that particular file.  If you have a custom wav file and you'll like assistance generating a .au 8bits 8khz mono file format which cme likes you can open a case with SBSC.  I won't be back in the office for another 12hrs but another engineer can assist you with this request.

Regards,
Marvin

Jontheuser
Level 1
Level 1

Do a simple test to determine if the problem is due to 'corrupted' MOH audio file.

There should be another .au in the flash:media directory.

Use CCA to change to the alternate .au file and see if problem still exists.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Noel,

Like others have suggested, you could do some fiddling around with the MOH file, although I would recommend using Office Manager for this as it can convert the file for you on the fly as well

I have attached an original MOH file if you wanted to try and replace your one, just in case it is corrupted (Seen this many times hence why I have more than one backup of the original).

I have also attached a royalty free MOH file (Have 6 of them) which I use from time-to-time when a client would like something Different, might as well share 4 of them with you all as well

Cheers,

David.

[EDIT]

It wont let me upload the original for some reason see how you go with any of the royalty free ones anyway.

Noel Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the replies.

I will try a new .au file today and see how wego.

Will update the post with the results this afternoon.

Cheers,

Noel