cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

international outbound calls from analog lines

murtazashikarii
Level 1
Level 1

We have sip configured on our client's box. I was wondering if we could setup an outgoing calling plan where if i dial an international number specifically, it would not use the sip but go out through the analog line which would feed into vonage adapter. My client is interested in using vonage plan for outbound international calls and i was wondering if it could be setup with the uc520 in some way?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

What type of connection would there be?  If it is FXO, this is simple.

You could plug in one FXO port to the Vonage box.  On the dial plan configuration, select PSTN only and shut down the other FXO ports that are not in use.

If you are using a SIP dial peer to the vonage box, you will have to use CLI to do the config.  Find the dial peer that works for international calls and change the session target to the IP of the vonage box.

View solution in original post

For FXO, I collected some screen shouts in Technical Enablement Lab #5 I believe....You can also separate into PSTN trunk Groups so only the one is in the international dial plan codes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

What type of connection would there be?  If it is FXO, this is simple.

You could plug in one FXO port to the Vonage box.  On the dial plan configuration, select PSTN only and shut down the other FXO ports that are not in use.

If you are using a SIP dial peer to the vonage box, you will have to use CLI to do the config.  Find the dial peer that works for international calls and change the session target to the IP of the vonage box.

For FXO, I collected some screen shouts in Technical Enablement Lab #5 I believe....You can also separate into PSTN trunk Groups so only the one is in the international dial plan codes.

Is there a link where i can view this lab?

Location of the technical enable labs - https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9836

Link for Lab5 - https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9757

-Saurabh

murtazashikarii
Level 1
Level 1

ok so is here what i think i want to do:

say i connect the vonage adapter to fxo 0/1/3

i would like to have it where, when the user dials 5, he is able to hear the dial tone of the vonage adapter through the above FXO port. He can then dial 011-countrycode-number to place the international call.

for the above setup, would this dial peer work ?

dial-peer voice XX pots
  description ** FXO TO VONAGE**
  destination-pattern 5011.T  ( the user will dial 5 + international code + rest of the digits)
  port 0/1/3

prefix 5011 (Prefix command will force to send the digits to the port)

I do however want to make certain that the user does hear the dial tone from the vonage adapter on dialling the initial access digit (say 5 in this case).

Modify your dial-peer as below:

dial-peer voice XX pots
  description ** FXO TO VONAGE**
  destination-pattern 5  ( the user will dial 5, then wait for the dial-tone, then dial international code + rest of the digits)
  port 0/1/3

(no prefix required)

There might be a little delay in getting the dial-tone. You could lower the inter-digit timeout to 2 seconds to minimize the delay (configurable under telephony-services) or you could set this up as a key-system line. Note that in the key-system mode, this can only be tied to a single directory number, but you can share this directory number between multiple IP Phones. I think you can use CCA to configure this.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: