Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intersite Dialing Prefix for UC Multisite

UC540

SP 8.6.0

Can the Intersite Dialing Prefix be different for the sites?

For example, can Site 1 use an Intersite Dialing Prefix of '4', and Site 2 use an Intersite Dialing Prefix of '7'?

Or does the Intersite Dialing Prefix have be '4' for both Site 1 and Site 2 (or '7' for both Site 1 and Site 2)?

I do not see that specified in the Multisite Documentation, so please no Cuts and Pastes please.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You would then just replace

incoming called number 43... 

with

incoming called number .

Then make sure that  the voice translation-rule referred under multisiteinbound correctly strips out any possible prefix.

An alternative is to strip prefix and site id at source, again using voice translation profile and rule.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Clifford,

The multisite steering digit is going to be unique for each site.  For instance if I am at site A trying to call site B I am going to dial 8… to reach the site B extension.  

Hello Jason,

I do not know what you mean by the Multisite Steering Digit.

To use the terminology that Cisco uses, there is an Intersite Dialing Prefix.  This digit is used to inform the UC500 that a MultiSite Call is going to be made.  I am wondering if this digit has to be the same at all sites.

I am not talking about the Site ID, which I know does have to be unique for each site.

Thank you.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

At least with manual/CLI configuration, you can have any site using anything want, to do anything you can think of, multisite calling or other.

Well, I found out that the Intersite Dialing Prefix has to be THE SAME between all sites (I am not talking about the SITE ID).

I was not able to find this statement in any of the Cisco Documentation, including the 'Cisco Configuration Assistant SBCS Administrator Guide, Site Management, Section 16.

Here is the CLI output of a UC500 that has been configured for Multisite Site 'Broadway':

dial-peer voice 2100 voip

corlist incoming dial-internal

description ***CCA*INTERSITE inbound call to Broadway

translation-profile incoming multisiteinbound

incoming called number 43...  <-THIS INDICATES THAT THE UC500 IS EXPECTING A CALL FROM SOMEBODY WHO DIALED '43...', WHICH MEANS THAT THE CALLER HAD TO USE THE INTERSITE DIALING PREFIX OF '4' WHEN THEY CALLED.

You would then just replace

incoming called number 43... 

with

incoming called number .

Then make sure that  the voice translation-rule referred under multisiteinbound correctly strips out any possible prefix.

An alternative is to strip prefix and site id at source, again using voice translation profile and rule.

Excellent

Thanks Paolo!

Hi Paolo,

If I replaced' incoming called number 43...'  with 'incoming called number 73...', to allow calls to come from the site that uses '7' as the Intersite Dial Prefix, then I won't be able to accept calls from sites that use '43' (that use '4' as the Intersite Dial Prefix'

To offset this, could I create a second 'incoming called number' statement under my dial-peer voice 2100 voip command?

Or maybe I could create a second dial-peer....

I am used to using CCA, so I am not a Voice CLI expert.

thanks !

No need to create additional DPs, read post above.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: