cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Investment Protection - What after 5th site?

telenieko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

There's one thing I could not get from all the available documentation about SBCS that maybe you can answer:

Imagine a 3 site deployment with UC540/UC560, and a bunch of SPA phones. Now the customer gets bigger: 6 sites.

What happens then? As far as I know he won't be able to add the 6th site on the SBCS deployment so he'd need to move to CUCME/CUCMBE but the SPA phones won't work there neither will the UC540/UC560.

Does a SBCS customer with SPA phones need to change everything when he wants more than 5 sites?

Thanks,

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Marc,

While it is true that a deployment that requires 6 sites is going to be to large for the UC500 platform.

You do have options

When you say sites, how many users at a site, you could look at UC560 at one location and hang a SR520 at the remote office for 6 to 8 users to use.

There a lot of options, but if the customer is going to have that large of a business, then they are probably not going to be a small business anymore.

I would call into Partner Design and ask for their help if this is a real scenario you are working on

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Marc,

While it is true that a deployment that requires 6 sites is going to be to large for the UC500 platform.

You do have options

When you say sites, how many users at a site, you could look at UC560 at one location and hang a SR520 at the remote office for 6 to 8 users to use.

There a lot of options, but if the customer is going to have that large of a business, then they are probably not going to be a small business anymore.

I would call into Partner Design and ask for their help if this is a real scenario you are working on

Thanks for the quick response Arthur.

The customer runs small branch offices (ie: 3-4 employees in each) so it seems the way to go would be UC560/UC540 on the not-so-small offices (ie: 8-10 employees) and if they open new offices just "hook" them from one of the bigger offices.

I'll work more on that scenario. thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: