Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Display Time: By what source?

Dan Rufer
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Forums:

For a UC540, the IP Phones are displaying a time that's about 2 minutes slower than the UC540 or Service Engine is configured.  Might you know from where the IP Phones are drawing their time?

The UC540 clock has been set manually (no current NTP).  The Service Engine is configured for NTP to the UC540.  They are both in sync.  However, the IP Phones lag about 2 minutes behind.  Any change you might know why that might be?

Thank you.

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been able to replicate the issue you are experiencing on my UC540W.  To fix the issue you are seeing please do the following:

Once you have verified that the clocks are synced across the UC you will need to go under the voice register global and add your local timezone.  Then you will delete and recreate the phones xml profile.  It should look similar to this

UC540W(config)#voice register global

! 13 is my local timezone.  Hit ? to find yours

UC540W(config-register-global)#timezone 13

UC540W(config-register-global)#no create profile

UC540W(config-register-global)#create profile

UC540W(config-register-global)#

Once these commands have been entered reboot the SIP phone.  Once it comes up you should see the correct time listed.  If you have any further issues please let me know.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should really use NTP, as that will ensure everything is in sync.

Also you should mentione phones used, sw version, etc.

I have a similar issue with UC520 8.6 ver.  I have 7925g's which all have the correct ntp time and have 4 9951's which are 8hours out.  They are showing as Pacific Std time whereas the UC520 is set for GMT.

I've checked the UC520 and it is in sync so where is the 9951's getting the time from. I've checked the config of the UC520 and updated the telephony service to Zone 21 GMT

I would appreciate any feedback on what I'm doing wrong?  I've even reset the 9951 to default but no change.

clock timezone gmt 0 0

clock summer-time gmt recurring clock timezone gmt 0 0
clock summer-time gmt recurring

UC520London#sh ntp status

Clock is synchronized, stratum 8, reference is 127.127.1.1

nominal freq is 250.0000 Hz, actual freq is 249.9905 Hz, precision is 2**28

reference time is D3EB8939.52C6F67F (20:04:25.323 gmt Fri Aug 31 2012)

clock offset is 0.0000 msec, root delay is 0.00 msec

root dispersion is 0.35 msec, peer dispersion is 0.23 msec

loopfilter state is 'CTRL' (Normal Controlled Loop), drift is 0.000037810 s/s

system poll interval is 16, last update was 9 sec ago.

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dan,

On the UC520 in the CME section I would verify that the “ntp master” command is in the configuration.  Then go to CUE and make sure that the “ntp server 10.1.10.2 prefer” command is entered.  After CUE syncs with CME the issue should be resolved.  Let me know if you are still having issues after verifying these changes.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

Sorry, I don't really see how CUE time has anything to do with time displayed on phones ?

Regarding OP question, again, first specify which phone type. There are a lot of different cases.

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been able to replicate the issue you are experiencing on my UC540W.  To fix the issue you are seeing please do the following:

Once you have verified that the clocks are synced across the UC you will need to go under the voice register global and add your local timezone.  Then you will delete and recreate the phones xml profile.  It should look similar to this

UC540W(config)#voice register global

! 13 is my local timezone.  Hit ? to find yours

UC540W(config-register-global)#timezone 13

UC540W(config-register-global)#no create profile

UC540W(config-register-global)#create profile

UC540W(config-register-global)#

Once these commands have been entered reboot the SIP phone.  Once it comes up you should see the correct time listed.  If you have any further issues please let me know.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

Thanks Jason,

This resolved the issue.

Regards

David