cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Iphone and Android connectivity to UC560

lbroering
Level 1
Level 1

Is there currently a way for a company using a UC560 to have their employees use their mobile phones with the System? Can they use Cisco Mobile 8.1 ? For example, Iphone and Nokia cell phone. Anything on the Roadmap to be able to utilize Androids?

It looks to me like that is only available to the enterprise level customers.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Currently Cisco Mobile 8.1 is not supported on the UC500 platform.  I have read some posts here in the past where people have tried and got it working to some extent.  Not sure how well though, but with that said, it is not supported by TAC.  I am not very familiar with Cisco Mobile 8.1, but I believe that it was designed to work with the latest versions of CME, (At least 8.5 or newer) and the UC500 platform is not using the latest version at this time.  (If anyone has a better answer, please feel free to correct me.)

If you would like to see these options added/supported, I would put a "feature request" at:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12628

Thank you,

Darren

Found some more information:

Table 2. Platform Support and Compatibility for Cisco Mobile 8.1 for iPhone

Feature

Supported Product

Version Number

Telephony integration

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

7.1.5, 8.0.3, and 8.5 (see release notes for exact versions)

Cisco Communications Manager Express

Visual voicemail

Cisco Unity Connection

7.0, 7.1, 8.0, and 8.5

Cisco Unity Express

Voice dialing

Cisco Unity Connection

7.0, 7.1, 8.0, and 8.5

Message was edited by: Darren DeCroock

Hello,

I am really having problems to place calls using the iPhone Jaber Voice with the UC560. The point is that receiving them is not a problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2d3zkk1ix2m8y9/uc560.mov <-- Here you can see a video of what happens when I try to place a call.

I am attaching my UC560 information too.

I appreciate any help on this.

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

There are several threads trying to take a solution or call the attention of developers, the issue is that, at the moment, nothing is officially supported (unless contradicted!)... See for example this one.

Probably the things get complicated with Android, why even if one side is Cius based on Android, the OS seems that the other lacks some basic requirements; there is a nice thread where everyone come together to demand better support VPN on Android open from a long time and that seems to lead to some tangible result yet . So probably more than the difficulty of setting a SIP client lacks the simplicity of being able to set up a VPN tunnel when you are away from office. Now I can not find the thread of which I speak, but here's another one on this forums.

However, the main barriers are the support of SIP clients inside the CCA did not feel right to tell that then the solution is not supported!

I should add, for what it's worth my experience, I have found many difficulties in trying to run even an VPN connection with mobile clients based on Android or Symbiant and little luck to run the SIP client with the CME, often ending up a configuration corrupted (or better than CCA does not read more ).

Arturo.

The OS seems that the other lacks some basic requirements; there is a nice thread where everyone come together to demand better support VPN on Android open from a long time and that seems to lead to some tangible result yet

Here's the link I mentioned about IPSec VPN on Android ... the mileage petiton on feature request!

Arturo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: