cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone UC540

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

I have an iPhone4 and the UC540. We are trying to setup the phoen to receive calls. I can get it to coonect to the UC540, however, even with the same number as my DN that my ephone is configured with I cannot get both phones to ring together. Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rather than using a parallel voice hunt-group , that introduces yet another number, it is more practical to configure SNR on the ephone-dn, with short or no timeout to ring the SIP phone.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Paul Dicine
Level 1
Level 1

Are you refering to using CIsco Jabber or are you using single number reach? If Jabber, Currently the UC Series does not support shared lines so the iphone (Jabber) would have to be set up with a different extension number. You can then create a blast group and have both extensions in it and that will make both phones ring..

Paul

So I am going to assume there is also no way to get the voicemail box of an ephone, i.e. Ext. 301 to the jabber/iPhone, i.e. Ext. 321 to sync either at this point?

So if I make a Blast Group with those 2 numbers, if I call my desk extenstion, 301, 321 my Jabber extension does not ring. Will people have to dial the blast group pilot to get both phones to ring?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay,

Yes on the voicemail question, they can't synch... Once we can share a line this should not be a problem As for the blast group, yes, remove the extention from your main phone and make it the pilot number of the blast group and put another DN on your main phone. That way people will still call your "known" number and both phones will ring.

Paul

Rather than using a parallel voice hunt-group , that introduces yet another number, it is more practical to configure SNR on the ephone-dn, with short or no timeout to ring the SIP phone.

I got to thinking yesterday about this and that is what I ended up doing. Works very well.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: