Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to connect two UC560's together

phusein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Firstly thanks in advance for any advice on this.

I have a UC560 in the UK. On the WAN side it has a SIP trunk to a provider in the UK.

The company has its own internal WAN (MPLS) network. That network is reachable from the ethernet interface on the UC. Our WAN network is a private network, and has no public traffic.

We have a site in the US, which is also connected to MPLS network. From the UC we have routing and IP connectivity to the US.

We would like to install another UC system in the US office, and for that to have SIP connection to a local provider.

My question is;

A) is it possible to connect two UC systems together via some form of trunk (egH232), or maybe VPN tunnel across our MPLS network?

B) if that's possible, then can i route calls bound for the US from the UK across the MPLS network, and vice versa?

Once again thanks for your thoughts.

Regards

PH

3 Replies 3

mtempro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To answer your first question, yes site to site ipsec vpn using h.323 dial peers is a common configuration to connect and make calls between 2 UC500s.

The UC500 itself doesn't support the mpls protocol. 

-Marvin

Thanks for the reply...

So just to be clear... i can set up a dial peer between the two UC560's...across an ipsec VPN.

Then is is possible to route calls that have a US dial code prefix (001) across this ipsec VPN?

Thanks again.

PH

CCA multisite manager allows you to specify 3-4 digit extensions for each site for calls between sites.  This handy tool builds the IPsec tunnel as well as the required dial peers for you.

This dial peer will only route calls site to site for other US based destinations, you'll have to configure a custom dial peer in CLI which according to the support policy would require you to have the UC express certification.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: