cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is single number reach for extension mobility users possible?

sossie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have setup a few users as extension mobility users, but I would also like them to be able to do SNR on a UC540. Is this possible though? When I go to add SNR users the drop down list box only shows non EM users.

A bit of googling indicated that this shoudl be possible, but is it perhaps only on full CM?

Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lgaughan
Level 1
Level 1

HI Simon,

Yes, these two features can be configured together.  CCA is expected to have them integrated for the next release so that EM users can be selected for SNR.

Laura

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lgaughan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Simon,

You are right, CCA is requiring a phone to be assigned to a user in order to configure that user for SNR.  I believe this is due to assumption about SNR behavior, in which the desk phone is ringed first.  However, it does seem that SNR should be available for EM users, for these reasons:

1) SNR is confiugred on the ephone-dn (not the phone except for the softkeys needed to interact with the feature):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesnr.html

2) All EM users have a DN

3) It is reasonable to expect an EM user to be able to use the feature as long one phone has been enabled for Extension Mobility (they could be logged in at anytime) and it has the right softkeys available.

I am waiting on some further inputs from collegues since I have not personally tried this out yet. I will followup when I hear from them since CCA may have overlooked this during feature integration.

Thanks!

Laura

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

let me tell you what I did, and what happens.... ...I gave it a shared extension between a user with CIPC and EM, if the user is connected remotely or authenticated (EM) then SNR works, otherwise (after logout) does not work. Obviously the extension appears in the SNR window of CCA!

So I would say that the answer is yes with shared line, but if it does not add a extension always connected, there is little SNR :-) that work only when logged in!

Of course, expect the voice of Cisco.

Arturo.

lgaughan
Level 1
Level 1

HI Simon,

Yes, these two features can be configured together.  CCA is expected to have them integrated for the next release so that EM users can be selected for SNR.

Laura

I'm running CCA 3.2.1 with software pack 8.6.0, and it doesn't appear that you can do this yet.

What is the manual CLI process?