cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is the BE3000 Really ready for the real world ?

chrisq128
Beginner
Beginner

I have been seriously contemplating this question, because of the lack of features that the BE3000 offers.  It offers simplicity in terms of end user management - yes, but its taken away all the functionality of a traditional PABX system which *most* organisations still require, and after all it is just an IP PABX system no ? 

My main gripes with the BE3000 are  :

• Lack of night service functionality
  • Lack of being able to re-label keys shared across multiple phones
  • Lack of creating custom dial-plans - Whats the point of adding multiple sites ?
  • Lack of pickup functionality with extenstions which are in Hunt-Groups
  • Not able send hunt groups/blast groups to any other number then a system DN ( cannot send to off network number )
  • Lacking DHCP built into the system, Cisco like to tell us to use the customers existing DHCP.  Consider a customer who uses a ericsson BP250 transitioning to an IP telephone system, and doesnt care about nework integration.
  • 6 Hours for a system Upgrade? are you serious?
  • No ability to create silent ringing keys

I'd like to think that these functions mentioned above would be part of any traditional IP PABX, I dont understand why Cisco has not even considered them?

So far this is my ONE day experience with the BE3000,  I work on other systems like Mitel 3300 and Cisco's CME/UCCM and I believe that the BE3000 is still in some Beta testing phase, and not ready for prime time.

Discuss....

35 Replies 35

sanjsinh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for your feedback. We understand the limitations of the product and are working hard to fix them. Your feedback is exteremely important.

Sanjay

Thanh,

We are doing a controlled program called the Early Adopter Program (EAP) in the US and Canada, where we are choosing customers to deploy the 3K. 3K is currently not suitable for all customers. The right customers are very happy with what the product has to offer. For more details on this on this please contact us by email at be3000@cisco.com. Which countries do you sell into?

Navin X Albert

I'm sorry but I strongly agree with Thanh, EAP program= Beta Testing. W