Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN2 BRI - Australia

focusonit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is my first install using ISDN and can't make it dial UC540 built-in BRI.

If I set SIP priority 1st calls are made OK.

The ISDN2 service works fine on the old existing equipment.

I have factory restored the unit and setup from scratch without any luck using the Wizard.

I have set the BRI interface Basic NET3/Speech/None

BRI Status on the port shows

Layer 1 ACTIVE

Layer 2 NOT ACTIVE

Layer 3

0 active Layer 3 call(s)

Not really sure where to try next?

14 Replies 14

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tim,

Are you configuring this system via CLI?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

No using cca (latest) from a factory reset. I had Cisco tech support look at it for an hour an a half without any luck either. Should it 'just work' out of the box after selecting net3 - anything else I need to check?

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Tim,

Please make sure you have it set to TE1 as well, this gets people every time and even me on many occasions.

I am happy to do a remote TeamViewer session with you on the system that has CCA installed and check it out and see what is going on.

We are in the same time zone so would be willing to do it with you over the weekend.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Thanks for your help - I had left the system at work over the weekend, was doing my head in and I knew if I took it home I would spend the weekend fiddling.

I quickly ran through the Wizard again this morning and can't find a reference to setting it to TE1 - so hopefully this could also be my mistake?

Pretty much the only screen that come up in relation to the ISDN is where you select the ports you are going to use and the switch type. (NET3, Speech, none)

Tim

Hi Tim,

I am in the office this morning so if you need help I can possibly TeamViewer in and we can go over the settings in CCA to resolve it...

Let me know if you are able to set this up

Cheers,

David.

[NOTE] I do not have CCA installed on my work system and no UC to connect it too otherwise I would try and work of screen shots to assist you... Sorry

Hi David,

Telstra were in process of changing one of our ISDN lines and have managed to take all off them off the air this morning (not even Sync on the NT box!)

I do have Teamviewer on the machine if you could have a look at see if we've got something obviously wrong but wouldn't be able to test it until the lines come back up.

Hi Tim,

Just sent you a private message with my mobile number...

Might need to get it in quick before I get bogged down with work, I have a ton of diagrams I need to get in before I fly down to Sydney, but want to make sure you get some help with this

Cheers,

David.

Hi David,

It appears that the CCA wizard doesnt add in BOLD

voice-port 0/1/0

trunk-group ALL_BRI

I've added that and now outbound calls work via ISDN - No incoming calls are accepted though.

Note this was after factory resets and multiple times. I also tried adding the trunks in the outbound trunk section without any luck.

Hi Tim

I am quite new to UC500 installs and have been thrown in the deep end but have learned heaps over the last couple weeks.  I messed around in CCA with the TEI TYPE, started at 3 and worked my way down to 1 which worked for me.  With the problem with inbound calls, i had something similar on a direct indial.  Are you getting a "user busy" statement when trying to call in?

If you have the area code in the DID start and end range, taken them out so you only have the 8 digit number and see if that does the trick.

Thanks

Damo

Hi Tim,

I don't have CCA on hand so you will have to forgive my vagueness in the response.

However in the Telephony section, you need to look at "inbound" call routing and make sure that you have all the numbers listed to the ISDN circuits pointing to a destination, in theory this should have been applied in the TSW (Telephony Setup Wizard) however it might have been accidentally missed or not clearly understood.

Make sure you have a Mapping of the incoming numbers pointing to a destination, if it is a DID range, then make sure you have this process thought out well so you do not encounter any issues with the configuration... Please keep in mind that CCA has a bug with DID mapping once a range has been applied, changing it after the fact can be an issue.

Also look to what Damian has said, I was the nasty man who left him in the deep end but he is also on the mark as well to what could also be the problem.

Cheers,

David.

Hi David/Damian,

Just to clarify a few points.

For ISDN we should be using net3, speech, TEI0 (Seems to work)

With the number mapping how much if the number do you use i.e. 0399991234 (all of it, the last 8 or the last 4)

Do you need to map ALL of the range and then add individual DID - you're right the CCA seems to be a bit fussy. and want exclusions around DIDs???

I have 2x 100 number in dial ranges on a PRI that I wish to map, so I'm assuming I can map both complete ranges to the same extension range 800 899 - understanding that both ranges could hit the same extension (but it's been planned so they don't) - I'm replacing an existing system here.

Have you heard of CCA not adding the ALL_BRI to the BRI interfaces (that being my initial problem!)

Either of you want to do some paid moonlighting and share your expertise further?

Tim

Hi Tim,

It is not common but also not unusual that CCA fails to add a specific configuration in at the time it builds the configuration, hence why it is highly encouraged to stage a system before deployment to ensure the configuration is sound before you deploy.

Yes you can map the entire DID range (Both of them) to point to a singular extension or to a Blast Group and even an AA, however be mindful that it is a split screen setup, the top part is for mapping to extension (one-to-one or one-to-many) and the bottom part is for mapping to a Blast Group, AA, BACD etc..etc..

You will also only use the last 8 digits so remove the area code, this is not required unless the carrier specifies it, with Telstra it is not required, however Primus, Optus and AAPT may use the entire FNN (10 Digits).

Another thing to note is in the telephony section you should also implement Call-Back-Rules, this rule allows you to add a zero "0" to the beginning of the number so people can redial a missed call, or a call in the history without having to edit the number, this is quite important to do otherwise you will get annoyed end users, the following is what I use...

• First entry enter "0" and the second section enter "8" <<< This denotes 8 numbers
  • Second entry enter "0" and the second section enter "9"
  • Third entry enter "00" and the second section enter "10"
  • Fourth entry enter "00" and second section enter "11"

This should cover all scenarios I.E mobiles and STD numbers that are inbound to the system

I hope this information helps you...

Cheers,

David.

Question on dial plans that i'm not able to test until on-site: (Will this work!)

The client has 3x in dial ranges on one PRI channel

xxxx 3800

xxxx 3900

xxxx 5800

They use Extension range 800 & 900 can I simply create three direct dial to extension mapping covering all ranges and it will sort itself out?

i.e. Some of the 3800 go to some 800 and some 5800 go to different 800 ranges

Hi Tim,

This is not a problem at all, you can just map the DID to an extension if you wanted... It may become tricky if the extension ranges are not the same I.E 8XX, 5XX, 3XX...etc..etc.. But it will still work even in this scenario.

If you get stuck don't hesitate to call support up, they can assist you with configuration if the appliance has an active SBCS contract on it.

Let us know if you need any further assistance...

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: