Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues adding phones to Cisco BE3000 - License Errors

James McMichael
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for some assistance with a BE3K that my colleague is deploying for one of our clients. The BE3K in question will not add any Cisco 6945's to it's database (saying "You must install more licences before you can add this phone.") and will not allow any existing 6945's or 8961's to be deleted from its database (saying "An unknown error occured while processing your request.").

Now we have the following licenses on the BE3K:

Enhanced Used: 4

Enhanced Available: 23

Enhanced Total: 27

Basic Used: 36

Basic Total: 36

Essential Used: 21

Essential Available: 16

Essential Total: 37

Voice Mail Used: 42

Voice Mail Total: 42

Now this box has a slight issue where Cisco provided us a temporary license file so that we could start the config on another BE3K we have on loan. The config and license file from the seperate BE3K was ported over to the new BE3K so I have a junk license file on the box as well as many extra files from the handset, VM, and extra PAKs. The totals reported in the licensing section make no sense to value of the licenses I believe we should have as there shoudl be 34 Enhanced, 24 Essential, 17 Basic, and 47 VM.

Something is clearly messed up with the licenses and I would like to remove the existing licenses but due to the lockdowns on the BE3K I cannot remove them from CLI.

Attached is a file showing the errors created by my colleague.

CUCM version is 8.6.4.10000-15 with GB locale 8.6.4.9903-291.

Any help would be appreciated, but I suspect this coudl be a TAC case.

Cheers,

James McMichael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi James,

Thanks for checking the Mobile settings. Did you also check that this extension is not assigned to another phone? Also can you please if the Usage Profile that this user belongs to has SNR enabled or not. If it is, then you may want to disable that and try.

I do not have a good answer about why it does not allow to delete,

I am not aware of ignoring 2 specific licenses. There is a tool error because of which the amount of licenses which are loaded on the system are less than what the admin ordered. Looks like that is not the case with you.

CLI option is not there.

Please report back if it does not work. Else please open a case with TAC to get this fixed

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

sanjsinh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check if the extension is already assigned to another phone or if this user is enabled for Cisco mobile phone. You can check that on the user page. If any of the above is true, you would require an Adjunct license.

Thanks

Hello Sanjay,

No users are set to Cisco Mobile, and this doesn't really explain why the license counts are all out of whack or why we cannot delete existing Enhanced License phones.

I've seen other posts where the BE3K ignores the last two licenses in the .lic files could this be related?

Also is there a way to remove license files from the BE3K? Usually you would erase them from the CLI but this is not an option on this box.

Hi James,

Thanks for checking the Mobile settings. Did you also check that this extension is not assigned to another phone? Also can you please if the Usage Profile that this user belongs to has SNR enabled or not. If it is, then you may want to disable that and try.

I do not have a good answer about why it does not allow to delete,

I am not aware of ignoring 2 specific licenses. There is a tool error because of which the amount of licenses which are loaded on the system are less than what the admin ordered. Looks like that is not the case with you.

CLI option is not there.

Please report back if it does not work. Else please open a case with TAC to get this fixed

Thanks

Hello Sanjay,

You were right, the Usage Profiles had Reach Me Anywhere enabled, which was eating the Enhanced licenses but not displaying it in the license output.

I've contacted my colleague and we have altered the settings and the licenses updated, so hopefully this will solve the issue.

Cheers,

James

James,

Where did you see that the BE3k ignores the last (2) licenses in the .lic file?

I have a case where I have 22 Enhanced Lics and only 20 Users/Phones configured but it says I'm using all 22 Enhanced Lics. I contacted TAC and they informed me of SNR consuming lics so I disabled it and it still hasn't changed.

Please send screen capture of the license upload file page.

Thanks

James

Can you please check , if the CP 6945 is still in the list, as you have already deleted. Please update if the issue still persists. Thanks

Regards

Chandra Mouli

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: