cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Jabber 8.6 - Low Bandwith mode

If this is the wrong forum my apologies.

@ work we are utilizing Jabber v8.6 on I-phones. The quality is very quiet and quite muffled. The building is a 116k sq foot building utilizing about 5 access points. While walking through the building we often lose calls, or its just simply in and out conversations.

However while in low-bandwith mode the quality still muffled is tremendously better. Reliability and overall volume level is increased. The issue being in low-bandwith mode external calls/Paging system is disabled. I believe in low-bandwith g711 is not supported and this is the reasoning these functions dont work.

Has anyone found a way around this. If so how is external call quality in low-bandwith mode? @ work we are utilizing a dual t1 line but I work for an extremely large company, with roughly 15 phones fielding calls simultaneously not to mention the large amount of bandwith our systems are using.

Everyone's tags (7)