cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Key System Button Issue

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

I just setup a new UC540 with the FXO ports mapped to CO line buttons on the phones.  They have 2 incoming lines that are mapped to 2 different businesses.  When you press CO line 1 button, CO line 2 button lights up as well.  It stays on during the entire call.  While someone is on CO line 1, another person can press the CO line 2 button and make a call even though it is lit up.  Calls can also come in on CO line 2 if someone is on line 1.  If no one is on the phone and you press the CO line 2 button, only CO line 2 lights up.

Does anyone have an idea on this?

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I tried it.   Its working as it should for me.   I built a brief lab showing you what I did...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14830

I followed those directions exactly.  The only difference was it defaults to enable battery reversal.  I tried it checked and unchecked with the same results.  I have set up about 5 other systems like this with no problems.  Does not make sense to me.

Yeah, the battery reversal will probably work on or off, your right.

I did elininate unused ports from my FXO trunk list (All FXO) as well, but didnt think that could be related.

I am not sure what it could be.  If its one system out of 5, might be a bad VIC?

If you try a spare VIC in the available slot (must power off too add it) you can determine that without a full blown RMA for the integrated slot...

I switched the cable to a different FXO port and the problem went away.  Seems to be a bad port.  Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: