Views
Helpful
Replies

Key versus PABX setup

Damian Halloran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Some time ago I set up a UC560 for a client using the PABX method and assigning the analog lines to hunt groups, and using dns as the line appearance for each line on the staff handsets.

My client is not happy with this and wants each actual line directly available on each handset.

I understand that this can be achieved with the UC560 but only after wiping the system and starting again.

My question is whether the lines can be available on each handset at remote sites connected via a VPN into the UC560? So analog line in port 0/1/0 can be assigned to button 1 on a SPA509g located at a remote site?

Thanks for your assistance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes.

Note that the "key system" is the worst possible way to configure things, as your customer will realize.

View solution in original post

Under the phone/user setup you should be able to select line key 2 and higher and then set it as a trunk or fxo key then pick the line it should show. Key system mode is fine for a small set of lines. You will not need to wipe the system as PBX mode will support this.

Remote site with phones on same UC560 system will support this. This should not be a problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes.

Note that the "key system" is the worst possible way to configure things, as your customer will realize.

Hi, In my experience the PBX mode can support FXO line keys on the phones for direct push anyways. This way it supports both methods. When you say remote sites, do you mean another UC560 or phones on the same UC560 accross VPN?

The remote sites are phones on the same uc560 across a vpn. Does that make a difference?

Thank you Paulo - true it is a poor set up but my client insists that the staff have direct access to the incoming lines.

Under the phone/user setup you should be able to select line key 2 and higher and then set it as a trunk or fxo key then pick the line it should show. Key system mode is fine for a small set of lines. You will not need to wipe the system as PBX mode will support this.

Remote site with phones on same UC560 system will support this. This should not be a problem.

Thank you

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: