Replies

Langue SPA525G2

ceni
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have recovered IP PHONE SPA525G2.
I updated the phones 7.6.2.e.

I would like to change the language to French.
How to do ?
I insert the dictionary script:

<Dictionary_Server_Script ua='na'>serv=tftp://ip server/chemin;d0=English-US;x0=spa525_en_v761.xml;d1=Portuguese;x1=spa525_pt_v761.xml;d2=Danish;x2=spa525_dk_v761.xml;d3=Swedish;x3=spa525_se_v761.xml;d4=Norwegian;x4=spa525_no_v761.xml;d5=Spanish-Mexico;x5=spa525_es_mx_v761.xml;d6=Spanish;x6=spa525_es_v761.xml;d8=Dutch;x8=spa525_nl_v761.xml;d9=Italian;x9=spa525_it_v761.xml;d10=French;x10=spa525_fr_v761.xml;</Dictionary_Server_Script>

I find the languages on the phone. I choose French but nothing changes.

Thanks for your help

18 Replies 18

Well, French in menu mean the dN=French option has been recognized properly. But switching to the language requires the succesful download of language file. You should verify the download of file has been successful (e.g. phone can reach the server, server didn't denied the request ...).

I am trying to transfer with the Telnet method but I cannot find the phone port.

Telnet is not supported at all.

I am looking for a way to transfer my XML language files.

Phone can fetch it from a TFTP, FTP or HTTP. server

I am looking for a way that I can retrieve the conf file from the phone.

http:// phone ip /admin/spacfg.xml

Configuration only, with no passwords. You can't fetch other files like firmware, language file, CA certificate, ...

ceni
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem indicating the path.
I made a tftp server with tftp32.exe.
But I don't see how to point the way correctly.
the language file is placed on the desk.

Thank you again for your help

I'm unsure I understand. Do you have issue to run/configure the tftpd server ? Unfortunately, you didn't mentioned what kind of tftp server you are using. TFTP32 is generic name of the server binary. There are so many tftp servers with tftp32 executable file. If your current issue is "I'm unable to setup tftp server properly", lets me know what tftp server you are using. It's off-topic here (tftp server is not a Cisco SMB Voice product), but I don't care.

As a blind shot - try different approach. Don't try to configure tftpd server to serve files on Desktop. Check documentation, discover from where (which directory) the tftpd server serves files from. Then move the language file to such directory.

By the way, if intended meaning of your's

serv=tftp://ip server/chemin;...;x1=spa525_fr_v761.xml

is "fetch file spa525_fr_v761.xml from subdirectory chemin of tftp server running on ip server" then it's incorrect. It should be

serv=tftp://ip server;d0=English;x0=chemin/spa525_en_v761.xml;d1=French;x1=chemin/spa525_fr_v761.xml

instead.

Ok thanks for your help.
I will configure this way
Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: