Views
Helpful
Replies

Licence Clarification required on UC 560

Sunish Nair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently i have configured and installed UC 560 on my Customer location, with couple of Phones as per available license. But right now customer want to add softphone also along with this BOX, so i m bit confused about licensing part, do i need to buy addional license for this or not ??? what about Softphone do i need to add any adional licence for this ??? If yes please provide the required partcode

Here i am attaching the BOM details:

UC560-T1E1-K9 * 1 Number

L-UC-PRO-8U= * 2 Number

Total Number of IP Phones: 32

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sunish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Sunish,

If you have uc560 (with Software pack 8.2 or later) with one additional license pack and you have 32 phones you may connect softphone without any issues.

Actually initially when you get the UC you will have 24 licences for 24  phones + 6 supplemental licenses which you  may use e.g. for the four FXS ports and two softphones this makes a total of 30 licenses. When you purchase additional pak of 8 licenses you will have 32 licenses and 8 supplemental which may be used if needed - a total of 40.

For the softphone you need to have CIPC which requires licence for use with the PC as you already have ephone license on the UC.

If the softphone is Jabber for Iphone you may download it for free.

For more info about the licences on the UC please check the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/reference_guide_c07-566560.html#wp9000408

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hello Sunish,

If you have uc560 (with Software pack 8.2 or later) with one additional license pack and you have 32 phones you may connect softphone without any issues.

Actually initially when you get the UC you will have 24 licences for 24  phones + 6 supplemental licenses which you  may use e.g. for the four FXS ports and two softphones this makes a total of 30 licenses. When you purchase additional pak of 8 licenses you will have 32 licenses and 8 supplemental which may be used if needed - a total of 40.

For the softphone you need to have CIPC which requires licence for use with the PC as you already have ephone license on the UC.

If the softphone is Jabber for Iphone you may download it for free.

For more info about the licences on the UC please check the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/reference_guide_c07-566560.html#wp9000408

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts